53

"Zayn?" I called out,to have him wake up quickly.

"Yeah? You okay?" He asks softly.

I sit up and sigh,running my hands through my hair.

"Could be better,"

He nods and looks out the window,watching the rapid paced scenery whizz by.

We were currently on a train to New York, after taking a flight back to California from Russia.

Styles is currently in hiding,no trace of him or any of his men since that night of the gala,so we have come to think he's off grid and will stay that way for a long while.

"You know,he wanted the best for you," Zayn speaks up,rubbing his face from sleep.

"I know," I whisper and look at my hands.

"Well, Marina will take care of you,right until you feel the need to go out on your own.There is no rush,"

I look at Zayn,his eyes softening.

"You're going to be okay."

**

The train ride was so tiring,days without walking on solid ground gave me a headache.

By the time we finally got to New York,the weather started to become tolerable,not as freezing as it was in Russia.

I was feeling terribly nauseous,so Zayn gave me some water to hold my stomach a bit.

Marina lived in Manhattan,a penthouse near times square.

Zayn parked a car outside the building,getting my suitcases and helping me up.

The elevator ride was silent and heavy,and the velvet walls making me itch.

The doors opened straight into a large space,with lavish furniture and bright lights.

The view was spectacular and it took my breath away.

When I was about to say my heartfelt goodbye to Zayn,a girl came rushing down the large stairs on the other side of the room.

"Look at what we have here,beautiful faces and each in which I would love to sit on," she smirks and my eyes widen at her comment.

Zayn shakes his head with a faint smirk.

"Marina,its been a while.You look good,"

"Thanks Z-love.You must be the beautiful Amber.Pleasure to meet you," she smiles at me and I return the favor.

"Thanks for letting me stay with you.I appreciate it."

She nods and we are left in silence.

"I-um I will let you two have some time for goodbyes.Excuse me," she says and ventures back upstairs.

I look at Zayn and quickly feel the tears build up.

He embraces me tightly,running his hands through my hair.

"You're still okay.And you will continue to be.You're strong,"

I close my eyes and hold onto Zayn,the last bit of my old life I will ever get to hold onto.

"I love you,Havens.Keep it real all the time,no matter what," he says and pulls me away,smiling at me warmly.

"Remember who you are."

I nod and smile.

"You too,Zayn. You'll visit,right?"

His smile fades and he looks toward the door.

"You're better off without us.You can live your life now,without us holding you back and causing you danger-"

"-Zayn don't you dare," I whisper and he nods as he starts to walk away.

"Just because you wont see us physically,we will always be watching over you,"

He steps into the elevator and looks at me as the door starts to close.

"Always." He says and gives that famous faint smirk one last time,before the doors close completely and I'm left alone.

-

"What are you exactly? You sound like a native New Yorker,but you look like a freaking mermaid,"

I glare at Marina who quickly speaks again.

"Beautiful.Thats what I meant,but in a metaphorical type of way."

I give a tight smile and she does too.

"Im just shit at trying to be normal,okay? My names Marina and I love crazy shit and acting wild and making others uncomfortable."

"That you do marvelously." I smile and she nods happily.

"So,whats your story?"

I stop packing away my clothes and sigh.

"Its very long-"

"We literally have forever."

I smile at that and sit down on the plush bed.

"I fell in love." I say nostalgicly.

She smiles and sits besides me.

"Let me guess...the blonde one?"

I dont answer her and I know she probably didn't mind.

"I fell in love with someone I shouldn't have,and it killed every ounce of me in the end."

She bumps me softly and gives a reassuring smile.

"Never say 'shouldn't' because whats done is done . Everything happens for a reason,and maybe this happened so you could start fresh.Huh?"

I shake my head softly.

"Its alright,babygirl.I got you now.We'll be the new Bonnie and Clyde," she giggles,but it sends a searing pain through my heart,and I cant stop the violent sobs that rack my body.

Niall is dead.

He's dead because of me.

***

A/N

Filler for now bc Im soo busy but hopefully tonight or tomorrow for an update! Love you all :) xx

-A ♡