36

Niall's POV

I held Theo's hand in my own as we walked up the white hallway to Amber's room.

"Where are we going?" He asks lowly and I smile slightly at him.

"To see a friend."

He doesn't say anything,but looks around as we enter the room.

And the sight knocks the wind right out of me.

I almost forget I have Theo besides me,as I trip over to her side,getting on my knees.

She watched me with such a sad expression;such a tired gaze.

I grabbed her hand in mine and smiled,putting our locked pair to my forehead and giving out a sigh.

"I thought I lost you," I speak finally,my voice not sounding like my own.

I look up to her and see her smiling lightly,looking at the doorway.

I turn and curse mentally;

Theo swayed back and forth on his heels and swung his arms back and forth,watching us.

"Come here,Theo-" I say quietly and he runs over,peeking over the bed.

"This is Amber.Shes sick," I whisper and he looks at Amber with a frown.

"Are you okay?" He asks her softly and grabs her hand,and I stand,crossing my arms,letting them have this.

Ambers eyes water and she smiles slightly.

"Yes," she says lowly and a tear falls out of her eye.

"Why are you crying?" Theo asks and I put my fist to my mouth.

"I'm happy." She replies slowly and Theo goes on his tiptoes.

"I'm happy too."

She smiles and so does he.

The doctor scares me as he enters and I breathe out.

"May I talk to you alone,sir?"

-

"She can't..." I start but turn my face away from Louis.

"Can't what,mate?" He presses and I shake my head,leaning against the railing to the house we are currently in.

Amber was released over a week ago,and we made a straight run for Ireland.

"She can't-" I start again but I can't spit it out.

"She can't have kids." I say quietly and run my hands through my hair as Louis looks at me with wide eyes.

"Oh,wow..."

I sigh and stand tall.

"You can't tell her anything.Promise me-"

"I will I promise." He replies quickly and I nod.

We walk back into the house and Louis goes to his room for the night,as I walk out to the back of the house for Amber and Theo.

I stay quiet as I near them,as they are sitting in the the grass,looking up at the sky.

Theo in her lap,as she hums softly to him.

"Mummy said that I can only stay for a little bit.But I want to stay longer."

She giggles a little and kisses the side of his face.

"It's okay,Theo.I can come visit you anytime,"

"But it's not the same."

She smiles and holds him close.

"Uncle Ni really likes you.He cried a lot when you were sick." He says and touches her face and I decide to step in there.

"Hey,"

They look up at me and smile,as Theo stands and runs past me.

She stands and I watch her frame as it comes closer to me.

"You care." She states simply and nods.

"What?"

"You do." Is all she replies and walks past me with her arms crossed,and a smile on her lips.