73

Amber's P.O.V

The small amount of wine became dried out due to its momentum of time in my glass as I quietly listened to Harry ramble on about his childhood life. Then,to now.

I looked over at the time, to see it very late in the night, almost 4 o' clock.

He sees me do this and sighs. He nods and gives a knowing smile.

"You must be exhausted,my apologies," he says lightly and stands.

"When I get started, I just don't know how to stop," he chuckles and I stand.

"Thats okay. It happens." I say simply.

He looks almost different after spilling his lifestory. Almost...younger? More alive?

He leads me out of the door to the condo,but stops shortly.

"Are you still frightened of me?"

His question strikes me as I turn around to him.

"No. Not from all you've told me,not anymore. Unless you were lying,"

"Of course not. I would never-"

"-okay. So,no." I finish and he wears a mellow smile.

"Okay."

He then leads me to my room,opening the door for me,but not venturing inside.

"Have a good night. Sorry for keeping you for so long,love," he apologizes softly and I look to him.

"Its alright. You needed someone to talk to. Feel better?"

"Very much so,thank you."

I smile warmly and start to walk inside.

"Well,goodnight,then," I whisper.

"Goodnight..."

I then begin to shut the door when his hand blocks the way. I open the door again to see a frustrated looking Harry. Like he was in pain.

"Look, I really like you," he says and I'm taken aback by his speech. Not very formal as per usual.

I don't answer, he was driving this conversation.

"I know you love someone else,and you have a family,but I just needed you to know. So I can feel better,okay? I really,really..."

I know what he wants to say,but I don't think for him. I let him do all of that.

"I actually love you. I do."

"I'm sorry,Harry. Thats really flattering but... I have a family...I can't give you what you want,"

"I understand that. I just needed to get it off my mind." He finishes and closes his eyes,taking a deep breath.

"Well then. That'll be all. Have a wonderful night," he whispers and begins to walk away.

I stand there feeling heavily conflicted. I liked Harry for a moment before I ever got emotionally attached to Niall. Before our love fall. Harry was so very different now. I dont know if its his age or cancer talking,but I know another person. Not Harry,the CEO who practically runs the entire world,the Harry from Holmes Chapel,England. The guy who is kind and caring...who cares for others. As odd as it may sound.

Maybe it was the liquor,or my delirium of the night,but I did something very out of the ordinary.

"Harry," I call out.

He turns slowly to face me.

"Do you want to come in? For a little while?"

*