thirty one - "I could use a hug,"

A/N I'm writing a new book and I'm so excited to publish it...I'm working on the chapters a bit and I will be publishing it soon here on wattpad!! So if you like my ideas and well, my writing stay tuned :)

I'm working on the chapters a bit and I will be publishing it soon here on wattpad!! So if you like my ideas and well, my writing stay tuned :)

W I L L O W

I had somehow fallen back asleep after talking with Sargent during the early morning. I woke up to the sounds of stuff being thrown around in Sargent's room and the sounds of yelling.

"NO! You have no right to put me in that place again! I'm not going anywhere!"

"Sargent! Listen to me! This is for the best! You're not alright and I'm scared that you'll end up hurt, son. I love you and I want you to get the help you need"

Is that Sargent's mom?

"You don't even care! All you care about is that stupid business of yours! You don't even look at me when you're talking to me, that's how much I mean to you"

My heart broke for his words...But I knew things were probably hard for his mom too but Sargent was just a kid in need of love and she abandoned him at a time when he needed her the most.

There's no such things as bad children, there's only one way a child becomes bad and that way is through parents who show them anything but love, when a child goes through a hard time -alone, without a shoulder to lean on- there will always be an emptiness inside of them no matter how many times you buy them a new car, new shoes, expensive clothes nothing will fill that void.

The door opened and a woman with a high bun and expensive clothing came out, now I know where Sargent got his eyes from.

"So, you're the girl who stole his heart" I looked up from the place I was standing.

Before I could answer the women she looked me up and down with a sour face, "If you care about him you'll leave him alone. He's not capable of love and you'll get hurt by being around him too, you-"

"Excuse me ma'am but I'm going to act like you didn't say all that about your own son. Sargent is not his disorder and will never be his disorder. He's not a monster, bipolar disorder is very common after a trauma and considering everything your son has been through you should be so happy that he has finally found someone. Someone that cares so much about him."

"Well, there won't be enough time for you to bloom your love for my son because I'm sending him away" his mom said and my heart stopped for a second.

"What?"

"I'm sending him away to an institution in London where my SON will be safe and away from everything that leads him to this."

"Sending him away will not make anything better! He needs us, he needs everyone that cares about him around him more than ever now. Ma'am your son needs you, don't abandon him like this"

"Who do you think you are?! Telling me what's best for MY son? How dare you!"

"MOM! Don't speak to her like that"

I looked to the side and saw Sargent. He looked sad and broken. The bags under his eyes made me hurt and I wish we didn't have to go through this.

"Sargent...This is between me and your mom please" I said and his mom's piercing glace was on me again.

"There is no way in hell I'm leaving you with people who lead you to this. Look at you, LOOK AT YOURSELF SARGENT! How many times will you do this to me?! Don't you care about me? I will have a heart attack because of your impulsive behaviours. How many times before I bury you next to your brother and dad? Is this how much love you have for me?"

"Mom...You don't know...I can't control it.The hate. It's too much" he spoke and I felt like I was out of place. Where was everyone? I want to go but I can't leave him alone.

Why do we always pay for the sins we haven't committed? Is it our destiny? The karma haunting us from our old life?

I read somewhere that, a child that is being abused by its parents doesn't stop loving its parents. It stops loving itself. And now that I'm standing here between these two souls fighting for what they think is right I know exactly what they meant by that quote.

Sargent doesn't hate his mom. He hates himself and he's hating on himself for everything. But I'm here now and I will do everything in my power to show him that nothing is his fault and that there's always a light at the end of the dark tunnel.

"But YOU WILL learn to control it in London. I'm not going to lose you too. End of discussion." she said and walked away her high heels echoing through the empty hospital hall.

"Why didn't you leave before, after our talk?" he spoke when his mom was out of sight.

"I told you, I'm not leaving you."

"But you will have to leave me soon. I'm leaving in 2 days" he said and I looked at him through my teary eyes.

I pictured a beach in my head at this moment. The waves were falling and there was just me and Sargent, sitting by the beach. Alone. I was falling quick and hard just like the waves.

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked, what a dumb question...

"I could use a hug," he said and gave me a lazy smile. He was so tired. He was just a boy in need of love.

I walked closer to him and hugged him as hard as I could.

"You will be okay" I said and he ran his fingers through my hair and a part of me was dying because of the butterfly attacks and the other part of me was anxious just like a small girl having her first crush, what if my hair looked ugly?

"I wish I wasn't like this"

"I promise you, everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end yet" I said and closed my eyes as I inhaled his amazing scent.

Well, Sargent's mom is a sunshine:)

Thank you for reading chapter 31!!! Hope you liked it:)

Have an amazing weekend<3 Lots of love!!!// D.E