✧┊Pro: Milquetoast Singer; Pressure And A New Friend

✧✧✧✧

*RIIINGG!*

   And so, another period ended.

   Y/N L/N,  just your average high-school sighed with relief at the sound of the loud bell, signalling the end of the class she struggled most with.

   The daily life of balancing homework and studies with your friends and family was definitely not easy for her, neither was it easy for her fellow classmates. But she was doing well, for a freshman in the middle of her first semester that is.

   She grabbed the math assignment she had finished and slid it into one of her folders, stuffing it into her backpack, and carrying on with her day as she walked by her fellow students while they talked and gossiped.

   Some of what they discussed was old news, recent gossip, or legendary tales passed down from students to students, but something caught Y/N's ear...

  "Oh my god, oh my god, I'm failing this week's test. I have no idea what's going on." "Chloe, Chloe! Daddy Dearest's best album is on air again! Eeeeee, he's so hot!" "I heard there was a really tall gangster-lookin' guy with a bomb for his head loitering around the neighborhood." "Banana, Have you heard? The class next door got a new transfer student! And he's a boy!"

  'Transfer student...?' Y/N L/N thought as she pretended to read a nearby book to eavesdrop on them. 'I haven't heard this before.'

  "Oh yeah, banana! I totally heard, banana! He's a really good singer and he's really cute, banana! But he's so shy it's hard to make him sing, banana!" Banana responded. Y/N had always found it strange that Banana Bananington would always say banana after every sentence, but that was not important.

  'A good singer... That's just what my friends and I need for our band!' Y/N smiled as she closed the book and left her period's classroom, now walking through hallways with other students. 'Maybe I can invite him to join our band! But first, I need to get to know him, that way we won't be dealing with a big narcissist on our hands...'

   Y/N L/N proceeded to walk through the halls, looking around for anyone who looked like a transfer student. As she walked, she heard other rumors regarding him, such as him having bright blue hair and a clouded look in his eyes.

   But hall after hall, stair after stair, she just couldn't find him. She sighed in defeat as she looked down at her loafers that tapped the ground with each step as she walked to her final period before club time.

  'Makes sense he wouldn't be out here...' Y/N thought, sighing quickly after. 'I mean, students must be onto him if he's that good at singing for rumors to be made about him the day he comes here. Jeez, I hope he's not getting a bad impression from us...'

   As soon as Y/N took the usual turn to her usual final period, she noticed somebody by the windows. Normally, she would have just left the person alone, but this was right before class... Not to mention, the halls were quite empty. At the moment, it was just her... and the person by the window.

  'I wonder...' She took a better look at the person, and noticed that it was none other than cyan-haired transfer student. 'Why does he look so wistful?'

  "Um, excuse me," Y/N nervously called out to the transfer student. The transfer student responded by flinching for a moment before looking back, a shocked expression replacing his wistful one. "You're the transfer student, right? I'm Y/N L/N, it's nice to meet you."

  "Beee-" For a moment, he almost said something in a robotic, strange way, but he quickly shook his head and responded in his real voice. "S-sorry about that, I have a certain dialect back where I live. Nice to see you as well."

   His voice was rather quiet and unimpressive, but something told Y/N that he was faking that.

  "You looked a bit sad when you looked out the window... Is something the matter?" Y/N asked as she walked him, but only to where she knew he wouldn't be bothered by. She was worried about him after all, that wistful expression wouldn't be on any usual transfer student.

  "Well, it's nothing really... It's just... Nostalgia, I guess," He said, as he kept eye contact with her. "And pressure from all the students telling me to join their club. I felt like I was getting yelled at every direction... Seriously not cool."

  "Ah, my apologies, I must be bothering you," Y/N blurted out nervously. She didn't want to pressure him any longer with her presence, and she thought if she stayed any longer, she might just scare him. "I'll be going-"

  "No wait, it's cool! You can stay," He exclaimed, his voice now somewhat loud. She turned to him in surprise, and he quickly noticed what he had done, he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, laughing under his breath. "Sorry about that, it's just... you're the only person who hasn't asked me to join their club or eff' them right on the spot."

  "Really...?" Y/N asked him with an unsure tone. He smiled and nodded, this time, he looked much happier. Y/N smiled. "Okay! Then, what's your name, transfer student?"

  "W-well, you can call me... Oto Hajime. But just Oto is fine, Y/N," He said, a sheepish grin on his face.

  "Oto... Okay Oto, I'll call you that." She smiled at him cheerfully. 'Maybe I shouldn't invite him to our band, I mean, he sounded really stressed out back then, but now...'

*RIIINGG!*

  "Crap, I need to get to my class!" Y/N shouted as soon as she heard the bell. "See you after class, Oto!" She quickened her pace and ran to her class, leaving Oto to himself.

  "Y/N L/N... She seems nice. I wonder if I can show her my singing skills soon. But... what if she doesn't like it? Dammit, get a hold of yourself, me... You can do this. Be bold, dammit!"

✧✧✧✧

(1056 words. Aaand that is the end of the prologue! I hope you guys enjoyed reading! And yes, Boyfriend is Oto Hajime. Keith was deconfirmed to not be his name and I know he is simply referred to as Boyfriend, but I gotta call him something without it sounding weird!)