✧┊Ch.2: Perform With Optimism; The Disappearance of the Transfer Student

✧✧✧✧

   To think that the quiet, cyan-haired transfer student would have such an impressive and skillful voice... And join Y/N's band, in all the bands in the music club.

   Within three weeks the day he joined, they were to perform in front of the entire Music Club to showcase the talent they've honed. All the bands would have to, since it is a known tradition in their high school.

   Rosie ExcuseMe as the first guitarist with an electric guitar, Cul Begdic as the drummer, Carol as the second guitarist with a bass guitar, Y/N L/N as the keyboardist, and Oto Hajime, the cyan-haired transfer student, as the lead singer.

   Before the five knew it, the day of performance was upon them...

  "Okay, okay, breath in, breath out. Breath in, breath out..." Carol mumbled to herself as she began inhaling and exhaling stressfully and excessively.

  "Excuse me, Carol! You won't even be singing, it'll be fine!" Rosie placed a hand on Carol's shoulder showing that she was supporting her.

  "Ahh, Ich kann nicht warten for the crowd to lend their ears upon my amazing drumming skills! All that training has certainly paid off, especially for you, Oto!" Cul chirped excitedly as he pretended to play the drums with his fingers.

  "Really? I mean I guess I got better, but you guys definitely improved a lot more than me." Boyfriend modestly replied, his posture nervous.

  "Don't be so timid, Oto! You can do it, you're our best member!" Y/N commented optimistically.

  "W-well... Alright. I'll be brave for you guys. Especially you, Y/N," Oto declared with a hint of bravery within his voice. "I... can do this!"

  "Excuse me, that's what I like to hear, Oto! Now, keep up that bravery, and we'll ace this. Hopefully, I'll be able to ace my math test as easily as this!" Rosie responded with a cheery tone, giving an upbeat thumbs-up.

   Only a few minutes later did the music from the outside of the room they were all in died down, and a small delay between bands began. That moment, Y/N knew that it was their time to shine.

   A distinguished teacher came through the waiting room from the stage entrance, her gaze calm and stoic.

  "Rosie, your band is up next. Prepare all of your instruments. Do well if you want a good grade on this; Good luck. Cul, your drumming set is ready." And with that, she left to retrieve the next band.

  "Excuse me everyone, it seems that the time of our performance is now," Rosie stated, getting up with her electric guitar and boombox. "Let's do this."

  "Confidence is key now, so don't freak out guys! Honestly I'm just as nervous as you all are." Carol encouraged her friends, picking up her bass guitar.

  "Das leben ist amüsant, and we shall continue to make it so! Shall the crowd bask in my drumming skills!" Cul jumped up, a determined shine in his eye glinted.

  "You ready Oto? I'm ready to go!" Y/N asked him with an animated expression, grabbing her keyboard with an unwavering smile.

    For a moment, when the teacher had announced they were next, he felt so nervous and scared that he felt like he was going to jump up and run away. He's always been so pusillanimous and milquetoast, but ever since the day him and Y/N met, things have changed. He's noticed his behavior change and become more outspoken and less timid, and his voice become louder and less docile.