✧┊Ch.4: Fated Paths Cross; Sneakers On Thin Ice

(Art above is not mine!)

✧✧✧✧

   After so long, Y/N L/N would have never expected to meet him again. But deep down, she knew that they were going to see each other again. Even if it were for a brief moment, it felt like she had finally seen her best friend after so long.

   She 'told' Boyfriend that she would never give up on him after all.

   When they had finally seen each other again in the concert, she knew that all that waiting was worth it, to see him so fearless and poise, undaunted by the huge crowd that cheered mainly for the opposite side. He was even able to win, when faced by a nation-wide famous ex-rock-star.

   But to think he was fighting for Scarlet Demunberg, or her stage name: Girlfriend, a girl Y/N never saw him talk to in High School... Perhaps he had a wordless crush on her?

   Y/N's questions remain unanswered for now, since he had been taken away by that girl before she could even ask. She knew Girlfriend might've just been bothered by how close they were, but something seemed off...

   Right now, Y/N knew that she had to let those questions rest, since the next day of her demanding and fatiguing retail job has started.

   Y/N adjusted her uniform as she jogged around the aisles, restocking and adjusting rows and rows of products left and right. Her job can be extremely tiring, and even tedious at times because of the customers and toxic colleagues, which she is hoping she can quit someday in the future.

   She wiped her forehead as soon as she restocked the last aisle she was assigned to, and turned around to head back contented to the break room for a small rest. But before she made a turn to the back aisles, a familiar voice had called out her name.

  "Hey, Y/N!"

  'Hmm? Who could that-?' She turned around and saw him once again, in a place she thought they'd never meet. A smile appeared on her face. "Oto!!"

  "Sorry for practically ghosting you back there, Girlfriend and I had to, er, talk," He said, readjusting his red, backwards cap as he maintained eye contact.

  "Oto, it's okay," Y/N responded as her face beamed happily. "As long as we get to talk again, it's fine! I mean, she is your girlfriend, right? Is it okay if I ask what you guys talked about?"

  "Well... uh, it's kinda personal, so I can't really tell you, sorry," He answered with a hesitant tone as he looked off to the side with an unsure expression.

  'Looks like whatever they talked about may have been pretty serious,' Y/N thought. 'That's fine, but I am a bit concerned. I'll ask him later if I can.'

  "But anyways- Oh, are you an employee here? Can I help out?" He questioned, glancing at her worn-out uniform with a concerned gaze.

  "No, really, I just finished some work but thanks for asking to lend a hand," She waved her hand as a kind refusal, her face still content. "But anyways, I gotta head back to figure out my next job-"

  "O-oh, wait, there's one last thing I gotta ask you," Oto quickly exclaimed, catching Y/N's attention before she left.

  "Can I... meet you behind your work's building when you're on break?" He asked nervously.

  "Sure! But you'll have to wait for a while, if that's okay. I have to hurry back, see you then!"

   She ran off to return to the break room, leaving Boyfriend to the grocery aisles.