✧┊Ch.30: The Fallen King's Rebuttal; Who's Controlling Them

Art not mine!
I'm so sorry if this chapter is late!! school's been kinda mean and a lot of things have been happening :(

✧✧✧✧

   With the lights suddenly dissolving in the blink of an eye, the previous excitement and joy that made the concert ever more so dazzling disappeared as well, and was replaced with shock and dismay.

   Moments before, CJ and his band, On Command, were playing their hearts out against Boyfriend and his significant other, Y/N L/N, on the bright stage that is the 208 building. The crowd roared with cheers and optimistic voices all around as the concert's harmonious melodies roped them in, and showed them what it truly meant to be one with the rhythm.

   To think that such shining hope and blossoming joy could be put out in such a quick way; it was just like watching a powerful, effervescent flame be put out without a single side-glance.

   For a moment that felt like forever, Y/N and Boyfriend were separated. Although they could firmly handle themselves without the assistance of each other, this moment is what brought their fear.

   What happened to them? Are they okay? These questions wrapped around their mind and squeezed it to it's limit, torturing themselves and adding fire to their worry.

   Thankfully, the two had finally reunited, the seconds that felt like hours away from each other quickly fading away, and relief settling within their minds... Until, someone very familiar had shown their face.

   The men in black struggled to keep the chaotic crowd from jumping onto the stage; live-streaming bloggers reported on the situation feverishly and worriedly as if they were news outlets and normal concert-goers either trying to push in to see what's wrong or retreating the concert to avoid what was about to take place.

   On the stage, CJ and his band were no where to be seen, it was like they were suddenly swiped away from the picture and disappeared to who knows where. The only people on the stage that could at least be made out in the surrounding darkness being Y/N L/N and Boyfriend, who were clinging to each other as a way to calm down from the recent black-out.

   That semi-peaceful calm before the storm did not last long however, as someone had walked on-stage, their face hidden by the shadows that surrounded the stage.

   But with those, red, piercing eyes, Boyfriend could tell exactly who had walked on-stage.

  "Boyfriend..." The shadowed figure said, his eyes shining brightly through the shadows. "It's time we end this tomfoolery."

  "What the hell do you...?" Boyfriend responded as he held Y/N close, her eyes closed as she tried to bury her head into the side of his neck.

  Then, Boyfriend noticed someone walk out next to the shadowed-figure, this time, he could clearly make out exactly who it was.

  "No, it can't be..." He said quietly his voice filled with distraught. "Scarlett?"

   Boyfriend stared at Girlfriend as she sat on the speakers behind Daddy Dearest. Although wearing the exact same clothes as she wore during Boyfriend and her's previous duet concerts, she looked almost completely different. She was the exact same on the outside, but for some reason, Boyfriend could barely recognize her.

   The entire time the two looked at each other, Daddy Dearest continued to belittle Boyfriend for whatever he could have done to ruin his career, most of DD's insults and accusations being obviously false.

   After a long, worthless stare contest between the two, Y/N tugged on Boyfriend's shirt, making him look back at her. Her concerned eyes were met with what looked to be regret.