✧┊Ch.14: Exes Be Crazy; Gingerhead's Guarding Debut

(this chapter is shorter than most. But don't worry! The next one will be longer.)
✧✧✧✧

   The cruelty of snakes with human hides are deep and hateful. Does this mean that one snake can be freed from the shackles of their supposed 'poison peer-pressured by their subordinates'? Perhaps, but for this journey, it's a 1-in-3 chance.

   Izumiko, the short lady with a stylish red specs, Beatrice, the half-useful-half-useless coder and fighter, and Odette, the leader of the pit, confronted Y/N L/N regarding her rumored (and true), new relationship with Boyfriend.

   The three are some of Boyfriend's top fans of a huge, international fanclub of 528,300 members. Their actions were second-rate and high-school-bullyesque at best, but first-class when it came to bringing someone down from their ego. 

   After their slandering, Y/N went to the chat to see if anyone was still on, but unfortunately saw no one. Luckily, a special someone came to her rescue and texted her if she'd like to come over to his place later.

   And so, Y/N accepted with a happy smile on her face.

   But first, groceries needed to be bought. For Y/N's personal life, that is.

   Y/N strolled calmly through the narrow aisles, humming to herself as she pushed her shopping cart along. Her thoughts would often to drift to yesterday, after Beatrice had wrongly kicked her in the stomach for such a small reason. But she would tell herself to keep her eyes up and focus on Boyfriend. She was going to see him after she had gotten what she needed at the market.

  'To think she'd do that though...' Y/N stopped in front of one of the food shelves and looked at the fresh, renewed supply of F/F (Favorite Food). 'It's scary to think that fangirls are like that. But anyways, I sure am lucky to get here before the shelves were emptied.'

   Y/N happily grabbed as much as F/F as she could without emptying the shelves or leaving less than needed. But right when she was just about to leave the aisle...

   A familiar, messy-haired brunette strutted primly with a frustrated look across one of the exits to the aisle. Y/N froze. With how fancy and lavish she seemed, Y/N never expected Odette to show up in a market like this.

  'She must've followed me here... Dammit, I can't even shop in peace?' Y/N thought to herself worriedly. 'I'll have to stray clear of her as much as I can... Luckily, I only have vegetables left on my list...'

   Y/N continued on with her shopping trip in the market with a bad taste in her mouth; but this time, it felt like she was on some sort of sneaking mission. She swore she almost thought she was being watched the entire time. It only made the taste on her tongue worsen.

   But finally, she reached the end successfully without being spotted once... Is what I'd like to say. She did reach the check-out area, but...

  "Look who the cat dragged in. Hey there, slut."

  Y/N growled beneath her breath. 'Of all times, why now...?'

  "Hello, Odette. What do you want?" Y/N asked her with a held-back tone. Her frustration was visible and clear, thanks to her face.

  "It's clear, y'know. I came here to once again ask if you and him are together right now or not! You have, right? You better have." Odette's tongue hissed as arrogantly as it did before. It made Y/N want to leave her right then and there, but she needed to check out.