✧┊Ch.23: Friend, Not Faux Nor Foe; Obey and Retreat

(Art not mine. Before anyone makes a huge deal about AGOTI and Tabi being friends, this is because AGOTI is no longer a persona of the ex-composer and belongs to SugarRatio, ergo they can be friends. I know that homeskiy doesn't want them to be friends, but after AGOTI has been given to SugarRatio, I believe that it's alright.)
✧✧✧✧

   To think that of all people, it would be him to lose. The loss was shocking and unexpected for him, but in a way, he knew that the fight would end in a failure.

   The sooty-furred, colorfully-dressed feline was at a great advantage with his new significant other cheering him on. Any normal person would think that his significant other cheering him on would be completely ordinary, but she was anything but ordinary or plain, in fact, she was secretly assisting him with her powers while he never knew.

   Had the arrogant cat had known, he would've stopped her... and lost to his opponent.

   But thanks to Girlfriend, Kapi was strong enough to possibly even take the head of the music world on, and could beat all who crossed his path, even Boyfriend.

   After the fight, Boyfriend wanted nothing but to be away from the human eye; he wanted to be invisible for just a moment in order to compose himself after his loss. But little did he know that his loved one wasn't going to just leave him alone.

   And before Boyfriend knew it, he had apologized and was in her arms again, holding her close and refusing to let anything or anyone take her away from him.

   He may be confident and powerful, but he's still a little nervous on the inside. However, only Y/N and his childhood friends remember that.

   Oh? Looks like I'll have to stop the recap for now. It seems like the concert between Kapi and his new opponent is reaching the home-stretch.

The concert's crowd roared with cheers, screams, encouragement, optimism, and more as the two fought on; the ending of their fight only just gracing their line of view.

   His invisible-bodied opponent began to feel sweat-drops beading his skull-face as he continued to press on, despite the intense pain in his stomach. Meanwhile, Kapi had no trouble continuing on, in fact, he seemed to have his eyes closed during the last parts of the song to challenge himself.

   The fight continued on and on, and soon, the end was upon them. The invisible-bodied man desperately gasped for air as he held his stomach, while his grip on his mic growing weaker and weaker.

   Kapi scoffed at his opponent as if he were mentally insulting him, and went over to land a kiss on Girlfriend's cheek, who currently sat on the speakers with a strangely innocent smile on her face.

  "Damn, and I was hoping for a challenge," Kapi thought out loud as he readjusted his bright-colored hoodie. Tabi retorted Kapi's confidence with a harsh glare. "Hey, don't be so salty, Tabi! You tried, didn'tcha? That's enough for me! But not for the audience. Who knew you were so easy to beat?"

  "If I could -huff- generate my lower jaw right now, -huff- I'd rip your -huff- -cough cough- f*ckin fur off, you -cough- -huff- rodent." Tabi struggled to keep his breathing in check as he got back at Kapi. He raised his free hand over to his chest, which breathed heavily and hard from the fight.

   Normally, he'd be able to readjust his breathing to calm down quite quickly, but for some odd reason, he felt like he could barely breathe.

   He looked over at Girlfriend and shot her an angered glare. He could already tell it was her own magic that was affecting him. She refused to retort and only gave so much as a glance in response.