~Rafael~

Santiago Family Home 2014

Mamá calls me down for breakfast and I speed down the stairs quickly. The kitchen table is set as usual with the greatest breakfast. I smile at the essence of the food.

As I come closer to the table, I see mamá with a boy. I look at him and he bows at me.

What the.. did he just bow at me?

He looks very much older and here I am 13, a new teenager with very new hormones.. ughhh.

He was at least 6 feet, tan skin, minimal facial hair and fluffy brown hair. He looked like the average boy next door.

Mamá comes by my side and smile.

"Rosalía, this is my new assistant his name is Rafael. He will be helping papá and I alot here."

I nod since I honestly don't want to embarrass myself in front of this cute.. guy. I try to stand up more ladylike and mamá looks at me smiling.

I stop once I see her looking at me.

Rafael bows at us again and he walks away.

I watch him walk away and I sigh.

"Rosalía are you getting your crush hija.." she bats her lashes. (Hija~ daughter)

I laugh and I shake my head.

"NO! Ew boyss no mamá ew" I scoff at her.

She laughs and nods. We start eating breakfast and papá walks in. He sits down with us and I sit up straight.

Papá was very strict on obedience, everything always had consequences.

He looks exhausted and I look at him for a second.

"Aná estamos teniendo problemas. Trabajaré lejos por un tiempo. Asegúrate de que Rosalía se mantenga en su trabajó". (Aná we are having problems. I have to work away for awhile. Make sure Rosalía stays on her work)

Mamá nods and papá looks at me.

"Te quiero mi pequeña princesa" papá says with a smile. (I love you my little princess.)

I smile and I keep eating.

Flashback over..

Francesco and I finally finish our breakfast. He stands up and excuses himself as he walks with Rafael to his office.

Evelyn looks at me and I sigh.

"I'm sorry that I almost said your name. Just saying your name feels like I have a friend.. this is hard. I miss my home and my parents."

She looks at me with sympathy. She holds my hand quickly and gives me a comforting smile.

"You will get through this Rosalía, don't worry ok?" She says.