~Second Chance~

I have been up for a few minutes now, laying beside Francesco

I have been up for a few minutes now, laying beside Francesco. Not even surprised that last night even happened. I liked it of course but I know his heart wasn't in it.

I hear his phone go off and he wakes up. I pretend to still be asleep. He answers it and it's another language. Russian probably.

He talks for a few seconds and he hangs up. He gets off the bed and I pretend to be waking up now.

I fake yawn and I sit up a bit. Holding the blanket against my body. I see him getting dressed. He looks at me and smile a bit.

"Don't even bother. I know what you're going to say. You enjoyed last night and hope we can do this again soon" I say.

He shakes his head.
"No I was going to say that I did love last night but I am sorry to be walking out right now. I got word on Catalina and I need to go see her. But I want us to work on what this, I want to treat you better Rosalía. I care for you in ways that I never thought I could care again for a woman".

He slowly comes to me and kisses me. I was a bit shocked. Should I believe it now?

"Wait didn't you say you were just using me? Now you want me.." I say.

He nods.
"It is hard for me to love someone in that way again. As you probably know Ignacio took away a woman I loved a few years ago, I put away my heart and I swore I would never love again. But after hearing Matías last night, I need to try with you. I care for you Rosalía".

"So you're only doing this because Matías pointed it out to you?" I ask sarcastically.

He shakes his head.
"Of course not! I have been dropping hints all this time but every time you wanted an answer I just gave an asshole response. I am sorry and I hope we can give this a second chance".

I think about it and I look back at him. His words feel sincere this time, actually genuine.

"I want to try" I admit.

I really want to try. He is like my own drug that I can't get enough of. Even when I tell myself that I need to stay away, I can't.

But the worst part is that we are going to try but I am not even being completely honest about who I am to him.

I want to tell him that the girl in the photo and that he is looking for is me. But he will hate me and the care he has for me will be gone. Forever.

He kisses me again.

"I will be gone for a few days. I know it is bad timing but Catalina needs some assistance. Juan will be here of course and you have your phone now. I have already put my number in because I knew I was going to give it back to you. Call me for anything please".

I nod and he kisses me one last time before he goes. I smile slightly and I look at the spot next to me. Where he slept next to me, where we made love. Last night wasn't even like a fuck, it felt like pure love...well at least to me it did.