~New Home~

*Keep in mind: I wanted to add a bit of a trigger warning in case any of my readers who have faced infertility themselves or know someone who has. I want you to know myself doesn't know much about it but I know someone who has struggled with fertility. I would never understand the feeling but infertility is hardly written into books. It was hard to choose this as a path for Rosalía but I want to touch on this more instead of the whole dynamic of babies and marriage as the happy ending. Women with infertility can have their happy endings as well, it's harder but women can have it as well. Please feel free to share your thoughts. But keep in mind that I have no harm towards something this important*

My heart is racing and I could hardly breathe as I hear the words that has left her mouth

My heart is racing and I could hardly breathe as I hear the words that has left her mouth. IUI and IVF... I have no fucking clue about infertility but I know that none of that sounds certain.

All I can hear is her voice in the background mumbling and I can't get the words to come out of my mouth.

Fuck why can't I? Talk Rosalía! Fucking talk!

"I am sorry... Dr. but I am infertile. How is this possible?".

She looks down and takes a moment to continue.
"I know you are racing with thoughts and confusion. But infertility is normal, it sucks but it's nothing that you have done. I have seen some women like you that has to face this but I want you to know that this doesn't change you or is your fault. We have options and we want to help you as best as we can.

How could I know that these procedures will work for me entirely? If my body couldn't do what I needed to, how could procedures help me? Would it ever?

"You can stay here and I will help you with any questions you need. I want to help you Ms. Rivera".

I shake my head.
"Uh.. no its fine. Umm.. if Mr. Valentino ask about today. Please don't tell him about this infertility thing. I want this to myself, I will tell him myself. Please".

I beg and she nods.
"Of course".

I get up and I immediately walk out of the office. I text Juan to come get me. I just want to forget about this all.

It wouldn't even matter because Francesco would never want kids. He is lucky, he has an infertile wife. A wife that could never provide him kids. A woman that has a damaged body and can't even produce a body.

Like seriously.. this fucking sucks. I know women aren't just meant to produce kids or whatever. But the fact that my own body can't even have the option or ability to have a baby is hurtful.

I could do these treatments and maybe get lucky. Can I be one of these women who gets lucky? Can I be happy?

Maybe I wasn't supposed to be a mother. From all the shit I have experienced, this is a sign.

I head to the car and I get in. Juan looks at me.

"How did it go..?" He ask.

I put on a fake smile.
"It went great. I am ok. Just a bit stressed from everything. She told me to chill out".