~Getaway~

After taking in everything Ignacio and I talked about, I knew I was ready for that getaway

We decided to go to America. I have never been out of Europe, not even Spain itself. But Francesco has and he thought it was best for us to get out.

My English is good of course but I do have a slight accent that makes it a bit hard for me to be understood.

We chose New York of course because I heard it was a tourist city. But it was also different from Europe and I needed different right now.

We get to our hotel and it is only us on this trip. I am glad about that because it is well needed.

Francesco opens the suite and I walk in. It is big of course but after marrying him, nothing really shocks me anymore.

I go to the balcony, and it has a nice view of the city lights. I smile and I feel the crisp air against my face. Definitely different from Spain air if that makes any sense. Probably not.

I see all of the tall buildings and the loud cars passing by. Also the people on the streets as well. It is somewhat beautiful in its own way.

I smile as I take in the peace and quiet, just everything necessary right now. I hear Francesco coming up behind me.

"I am a bad husband since I bring you here to get away, but I also have business to attend to. I am sorry mi muñequita".

I look at him and I shake my head.

"It is fine, you can go ahead and do whatever you need to do. But please come back as soon as possible, I don't know America as well as you do" I say.

He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Of course muñequita".

We say our goodbyes and I go to the bed. I look at the clock and I see the time. It's not that late and I am very bored.

I smile and I decide to take a quick adventure. I grab some money that was left in my purse. Luckily I got US dollars.

I walk out the door after it locks. I carry my key and I see a guard standing by.

Even though we came alone on this trip, he managed to find security here. Not surprised.

I look at the guard.

"Hi... you must be..?" I ask.

He turns to me.
"I was assigned by Mr. Valentino to watch over his wife while he's gone. I am a guard ma'am".

Eww not ma'am.

I laugh.
"I am his wife and please I am not that old. No need to call me ma'am."

He nods. He seems nervous, like if this is his first time.

"Well anyway I need to go out. I know my husband won't let me go out alone so can you maybe help me around this city of yours?" I ask.

He nods immediately and gestures me to start walking.