~Deceit~

Deceit

Deceit. The word which describes how Francesco feels about me right about now.

A few days has passed and I have been staying with my mother. It has been a hassle on being comfortable with calling her my mama. Last time I did that, I was lied to for years.

I don't want that hurt anymore. But I won't give up on Estrella because of Aná.

I have my own room and Estrella went very crazy on the shopping for new clothes especially after the whole kidnapping and such.

My wardrobe is nonexistent so I needed it. But I have clothes for years now. Thanks to Estrella.

I walk downstairs to the kitchen for some breakfast. After Francesco left me, my only choice was to live with my mother until I figure things out.

She's the safest option right now. The only option.

I walk into the kitchen and I see Estrella with a young girl.

I pause in my stance. I hope I didn't interrupt anything.

"Oh.. umm sorry. Did I come in at a bad time?" I ask.

The young girl looked at me and grinned.

"No you didnt. But it is nice to finally meet the long lost daughter of Estrella and Rosario".

I nod.

My mother looks at me then at her.

"Eva, please excuse us".

She nods and walks out.

I come closer to her and she reaches for my hand. She holds it and smiles.

"I am glad you are getting more comfortable here Aura. That is all I want for you hija".

I smile slightly. Being called Aura has also been a hassle getting used to hearing. I know it's my birth name but Rosalía is what I have heard everyday.

I think about asking her but in order to trust her. I need to know.

"So who is Eva?".

My mother pauses and sighs.

"She is just an assistant. She will be helping you around and getting you used to the house".

I nod. I go into the fridge as I get some orange juice. She is lying to me. After realizing that many people have been lying to me, I know for sure this is a lie.

Eva is no damn assistant. She looks at least 16 or 17.

I pour my orange juice into a cup I get from the cardboard.

I drink it and I head back to my room. I see Eva walking around and I decide to walk into her.

I almost spill the orange juice on her and I gasp.
"Oh I am so sorry about that. I can be such a clutz. Are you okay?".