~Betrayal~

*GONNA BE A VERY SHORT CHAPTER*

I ended up at some random hotel nearby and I stay the night

I ended up at some random hotel nearby and I stay the night. I turn my phone off and I get a room with the view of the beautiful landscapes.

I sit down on the couch as I look out the window. I curl up in my blanket and I try not to think about everything that has happened.

I end up falling asleep and I start to dream about the life that Francesco and I could've had. It was perfect, we lived in a house away from the world and he wasn't in the mafia business. He had his own business and I was making my own business as well.

We had 3 kids and a dog with a nice backyard with a pool. It was a dream of course and the world seemed so bright, not dark as it has always been.

I wake up from the dream and I sigh as I wake back up to reality.

I smile as how at good it felt to have that imagination but sad to see it be all it was... just an imagination.

-----------------------------------

I head back home, and I walk in as I see Juan standing around.

I go up to him.
"Where is Francesco?" I ask.

He sighs.
"He's gone...".

I gasp.
"He's what...?".

"He just... left. He is gone. After you left, he left a note that he needs to disappear for a while until the time is ready."

Time is ready... huh?

So, he just left... he really just left without a goodbye.

Guess I shouldn't even be surprised.

"What about Aná and Ignacio?" I ask.

"Their bodies were disposed of. They are both dead".

I nod and I look down. I needed that confirmation so now I can be in peace, learn to live with myself. 

"So now what happens? He's gone, aren't you supposed to follow him or something".

He shakes head.

"He did leave but he wants me to watch over you of course. I will keep you safe Rosalía, I promise".

I start to think, and I shake my head.

"I disagree... it's his job as my husband to protect me. To stay with me and love me. But he left so I shouldn't even stay. It sucks because I left to come here with him to build a life for him to leave instead of working things out. I was close to ending it all last night, but I took the time to think and realize that leaving would be too easy, just not what our love stood for".

He looks at me with sadness, utterly speechless. Same as I.

"I will be staying with my sister. It will be better for me and better for us. I can't stay here knowing he isn't here anymore. It will be too hard, and I love everything you have done for me. Thank you, Juan, for everything".

I go to hug him, and he actually hugs me back. Knowing him he could be a bit cold, but his heart could be pure.

If Francesco was like Juan, things would've been so easy for us.

I know it.

"You will be missed Rosalía..." he whispers.

I smile.
"I don't think it will be the last time seeing each other. Who knows what the future holds? We will see...".

He nods.

I head to my room, and I start packing my things. I know Eva and I are hardly on speaking terms, but I won't take no for an answer this time.

I will reinvent myself and be better. I will be better without Francesco, and I will do it for myself. I am a Santos of course.

I am Aura.

Rosalía will now become my past as soon as I now leave this home and continue on with my sister from now on.