[70] - Drum Island Arc ~ 1

🏴‍☠️️Ch.70: Nami & (First Name) Sick?! Sweltering Against the Snowy Seas!🏴‍☠️️

The Going Merry is hurled through the air by the shockwave of the giants' attacks while also cutting through the giant goldfish-like sea monster and making a path for the Strawhats

Luffy laughs, cheering from his front-row seat on the figurehead. "We're flying!"

Nami's fear turns into an awed smile as the crew and their ship find themselves outside the sea monster.

Vivi gapes in shock, while her duck is halfway through the galley door with his head covered by his wings in fear.

Zoro and Ghin grin at the unexpected rescue.

"Don't bother lookin' back! 'Cause we're goin' straight ahead!" Luffy exclaims, as the Merry loses air and falls back to her rightful place on the sea. "Look at us! This is so incredible!"

Usopp is moved to tears at the power of the giants' teamwork. "They cut...the sea...itself! The strength of...the Elbaf Warriors...is amazing!"

The Going Merry falls back to sea, skipping across the surface like a rock for a bit before smoothly sailing along.

Dory and Broggy are soaked by the waves created by their teamed attacks but still stand proud and strong. Their weapons, however, weren't as such. The attack used to save the Straw Hat crew was the final straw for the centuries-long used axe and sword and the weapons finally give out, pieces breaking off and falling into the ocean. But this doesn't bother the giants one bit.

"Friends! Go...Good luck!" The giants wish their departing friends. 

"Gyagyagyagya!"

"Jabababa!"

The two laugh, throwing their finally broken weapons away before sitting at the island's edge in contemplation.

"I suppose I should mention Broggy...I recall something about a hunting contest, but I can't exactly remember..." Dory admits.

"Don't worry, Dory. The same thing goes for me." Broggy shares his friend's personal plight.

The two are interrupted by the sound of the volcano going off, just like usual.

"Hmm? It's Middle Mountain!"

"So...What do you say...you and I go ahead and finish this?!" Dory suggests.

"Sure...! We can always think things through after that!" Broggy agrees without hesitation.

And just like that, the two giants clash once more, now in weaponless combat.

☠️🏴‍☠️☠️

Despite the sea monster obstacle at the start, the Straw Hat crew is back to smooth sailing for Alabasta, the near-death and near-capture experience being swept under the rug by each crew member.