[63] - Little Garden Arc ~ 2

🏴️️Ch.63: Inhabitants of Little Garden! Duel Between Warrior Giants🏴️️

As we traverse the prehistoric jungles, everyone is excited to explore this new land.

Richie is thrilled to be at one with his roots in the fierce jungle environment. Carmela is completely gushing over the ancient flora everywhere we look, jotting down notes in the journal I bought her in Loguetown and taking samples of the plant life and ground soil. And though Umi is a sea snake by nature, she does enjoy land every so often, as long as there's something that interests her.

Astro and Hanabi awe at the thick jungles that surround us, the latter looking for anything that could be used as potion ingredients. Not for her, but for one of her fellow apprentices. She's apparently called a 'kitchen witch', one who specializes in utilizing cooking and food as part of their rituals, such as potions and the likes. Apparently, that's why Hanabi filled a sack full of shed Millennial Dragon feathers back on Warship Island.

Their fellow apprentice uses nature--such as plants, flowers, stones, trees, etc--found from all over to make various potions and charms through which she conjures spells rather than by means of circles or books. She was also the designated "den mother"/healer of their group as well as being a romantic, great cook and being a total bookworm. Overall, she sounds like a delight.

However, before they can go into further detail of their other apprentices, a scream calls out from above.

All eyes look up to see a flying Pterosaur-class dino flying overhead. One would normally think nothing of it at first in a place like this, but the prehistoric creature is clutching something very much alive and human in its talons.

"Richie, follow!" I urge the large lion to follow after the flying reptile before we could lose sight of it.

I pull out my bow and arrows. Argenti would prove very efficient but I didn't want a gunshot to attract any unwanted attention from whatever else is lurking in the jungles of this island.

Keeping up with the flying dinosaur's fast glides through the sky above, I steadily take an arrow from my quiver and notch it into the bowstring, carefully take aim and wait for the absolutely perfect moment

Keeping up with the flying dinosaur's fast glides through the sky above, I steadily take an arrow from my quiver and notch it into the bowstring, carefully take aim and wait for the absolutely perfect moment. There could be no mistake in this, less I want to hit whoever the Pterosaur is carrying.

Reacting in the split second I see an opening, I let the arrow fly and it pierces the reptile's leg, forcing it to relinquish its hold on the being once in its grasp. However, that meant whoever was in the flying lizard's clutches is now freefalling through the air.

I leap off Richie's back through the treeline, catching the person in mid-drop. The both of us fall back through the treetops and into Richie's waiting arms.

I breathe heavily for a few moments before brushing off the leaves and broken branches that came crashing down with us.

"Are you alright?" I ask, brushing my rescue free of the offensive brush that was stuck in her hair.