[22] - Baratie Arc ~ 4

🏴️️Ch.22: Don Krieg Arrives! Commodore of the Strongest Pirate Fleet!🏴️️

"Hey, listen pal, I'm the sous-chef in this place. What do you mean you don't need me anymore?" Sanji demands.

"You fight with customers all the time. You flirt with every woman under 80 who walks through here. You can't even cook a decent meal." Zeff retorts. "You're worthless to me than the chum after brunch. That's what I mean."

"So . . .uh . . ." Sanji is at a loss for words. I look up to see the rest of the cooks watching and snickering as Zeff insults Sanji. The blond sous-chef also takes note that he's being laughed at.

"Oh, and let's not forget how the other cooks avoid you like you were poison." The old chef continues. "So just run off and be a pirate or whatever but get out of this restaurant.

Sanji's glare at Zeff hardens. "That's how it is? You shoot off at the mouth and expect that I'm just going to take it old man?" Sanji begins to stalk up to the head chef. "I could blow off everything you said, but I won't listen to anyone trash my cooking. I'm staying here as a sous-chef and that's final!" He seethes as he grabs Zeff by his collar. "YOU HEAR ME?!!"

"What do you think you're doing, grabbing your boss by the collar?" Zeff turns the tables on Sanji and grabs Sanji by the throat and flings him towards our table. "You ingrate!"

In a flash, I remove the uneaten and unfinished plates of food before Sanji comes crashing into our table.

"Nice reflexes, (First Name)." Usopp praises as he and Nami clap.

"It was nothing. Can't let perfectly good food go to waste, now can we?" I reply.

Sanji groans as he slides from the now broken table. "Dumb geezer."

Zeff remains silent.

"Enough with the games. You can try to kick me out, but I'm here to stay. I'm not going anywhere old man. Not 'til you're dead and gone!" Sanji shouts.

"Dead? I got another 100 years of kicking your ass left in me." Zeff replies without even sparing Sanji a glance as he makes his way upstairs.

"He's always got to have the last word." Grumbles Sanji.

"See, he said it's cool! Now you can become a pirate!" Luffy cheers as he pats Sanji on the shoulder.

"SHUT UP!" He yells in Luffy's face. Sanji then fixes our table and I put back the plates of food I've been balancing before taking my seat and finishing my meal. Sanji returns with a (Favorite Dessert) and for Nami, a glass of colorful sliced up fruit and pours her a glass of wine.

"My apologies. I hope I can make it up to you and your friend with this (Favorite Dessert) and delightful fruit Macedonia, ma chère perle[1]." He flirts.