[10] - Syrup Village Arc ~ 2

🏴️️Ch.10: Finding Out the Truth! Who is Klahadore Really?!🏴️️

Kaya attempts to explain things to her butler. "Uh . . .actually, Klahadore, these people are –"

"Not now, Kaya." He cuts her off. "You can tell me all about this riffraff after they've left. Now get out, all of you!" He demands as he walks closer to us. "Leave now unless you have some business with me!"

There was something very off about this man. The way he strides towards us is with the grace of a cat. And that odd way of pushing up his glasses; I've heard of someone with that same weird habit, but I can't remember who. 'Man, my memory must be getting really bad if I keep forgetting stuff like this. Maybe something in my journals will help.' I can say without a doubt I chose the wrong time to leave my bag on my boat in an attempt to get Luffy to stop eating all our rations.

"Alright! Do you think you can help us get a ship?" Luffy asks naively.

"Certainly not." Klahadore declares.

Luffy groans at this and his shoulders sulk. Zoro and I place a hand on each of Luffy's shoulders, comforting him.

"Usopp!" The butler calls out. Kaya and I look to see the man in question hanging upside down on the opposite side of the tree he was hiding in, trying to avoid being caught.

"Crap." Usopp mumbles as he retakes his position on the tree branch he was previously occupying before we crashed in.

"You have quite the reputation. You are very well known in the village." Klahadore continues, but the way he's saying makes it sound like more of an insult than a compliment.

"Sure am." He replies proudly, clearly not getting the butler's sarcasm.

"I hear you've been on many an adventure. Quite impressive for someone as young as you." I eye the butler suspiciously. 'He's up to something.'

"Usually people who admire me call me 'Captain'. So, it's 'Captain Usopp' to you." He calls down to the butler.

"'Captain', huh?" Klahadore chuckles. "Your father also had something of a reputation."

"What?" Usopp questions. 'I knew it!'

I look to Usopp worriedly, knowing if this guy goes on to badmouth Yasopp, he's practically goading Usopp to hurt him.

"Klahadore, please just stop." Kaya pleads to Klahadore.

"You'll never be anything more than the son of a filthy pirate." I clench my jaw and ball up my fists at the butler's insult, trying to hold back my tongue as well as my punches.

"Who knows what sort of trouble you're up to now. All I ask is that you and your kind leave this respectable young lady alone."

I cross my arms. ''Our kind'? He's making it seem like pirates are below humans.'

"A filthy pirate?" Usopp growls.

"You and she are from completely different worlds and you know it." The butler continues. "Is it money you're after? How much do you want?"

"Cease this at once, Klahadore! Apologize to him!" Kaya orders.

"Hey, calm down, Kaya." Usopp says calmly.

"I don't believe there is any reason to apologize to this savage young man, my lady." Klahadore explains to Kaya. "My goal isn't to slander, I am merely stating the truth. I sympathize with your situation. You must hate your great idiot of a father for abandoning his family and his village because of his mindless lust for treasure."