[59] - Whiskey Peak Arc ~ 2

🏴️️Ch. 59: Start of Battle with a Bang! Way of Blades & Tonfas! Zoro, Ghin & Siren vs. Baroque Works!🏴️️

An unending silence takes the town, as the numerous bounty hunters' gape at the vacant space atop the adobe where the three pirates were just mere seconds ago. Any sign of their presence, gone. Vanished without so much as a kick up of dirt. It was like they were never there in the first place.

"They're gone!" Mr. 9 exclaims.

"What?!" Mr. 8 gasps, disbelievingly. "But how the hell can they just disappear!?"

The sizable group of bounty hunters begin looking every which way in search of their quarry, fear and worry etched on their faces. Searching around the more elevated places they could have gone, it didn't come across them that they could be right on the ground with them.

Specifically, barely a foot away from some of them.

Three male Baroque Works agents were the first to spot them, letting out a squeak of fear.

The green-haired swordsman and olive-skinned quartermaster mess with the town of bounty hunters by "searching for the pirates" along with them.

Everyone soon turns to gape at them in fear and shock. Eyes were bugging out of all heads. No one had even noticed them enter amongst the group. Really? How do you not notice a 7'6" cloaked figure among you?

The crowd then begins to back away from the three slowly.

Zoro and Ghin drop the act and smirk at the bounty hunters mockingly.

Those holding rifles at them take aim.

"Who do you think you are?"

"Fire!"

A hail of bullets are shot off but every one of them either misses the intended target or takes out one of their own agents. The three Straw Hats have vanished from sight yet again.

Silence takes over the area once more, with nothing but crickets chirping in the night.

Already a good number of Baroque Works agents had been taken out and lie motionless in the dirt, their weapons still loosely in their grasps.

"Incompetent morons!" Mr. 8 exclaims. "They just shot each other."

"Yeah. And the pirate got away." Mr. 9 adds.

Mr. 8 growls, his temper getting the best of him. "JUST KILL THEM! THEY'RE JUST TWO MEN AND A WOMAN!"

However, he's inexplicably cut off when a katana blade pierces slowly through his curly wig-like hair, mere inches from his face. Mr. 8 dates not even so much as flinch, fearing that his face would soon be sliced if he did as much. He tenses up, eyes wide and a sweat breaking out on his brow.

Zoro's back leans against Mr. 8's own, a wolfish smirk decorating his features as his arm bends over his shoulder for his blade to poke through the latter's hair.

"Just a woman? I find that to be a great insult for an incredible pirate such as her." Ghin comments, his tonfa knocking against his shoulder while he twirls the other slowly in hand.

"Oh, Ghin~ You flatterer~" The Siren coos, blowing a kiss to the quartermaster.

"Ask yourself... Will one gravestone really be enough?" Zoro taunts. "I think with our lovely Siren here, you'll need at least a couple dozen more."

The swordsman's praise elicits giggles from the cloaked fishwoman.

More Baroque Works agents appear, showing their lack of brightness when they aim their long-range weapons at Zoro and, subsequently, at Mr. 8.