[49] - Warship Island Arc ~ 2

🏴️️Ch.49: The Miraculous Creature! Apis, What Are You Hiding?🏴️️

A/N: Images in collages do not belong to me. All rights go to their rightful artists. I just put them together to make picturing the story easier for you all.

"We're screwed! We've entered the Calm Belt!" Nami shrieks, eyes wide and turning white as a ghost

"The 'Clam Belt'?" Usopp mishears.

"What's that?" Luffy asks.

"CALM BELT!" The navigator enunciates. "A part of the sea where nothing moves a muscle!"

"So, there's mussels and clams?" The rubber captain's mind goes straight to food again.

"NO!" The orange-haired young woman is quickly losing her patience.

"There are worse things in this part of the ocean." I step in, gathering everyone's attention and confused gazes.

Nami is about to question my words but is interrupted by the ship rocking slightly.

"What was that? An earthquake?" Luffy guesses.

"A good trick since we're at sea." Zoro remarks skeptically.

"So, not likely." Ghin adds.

"All of this chit-chat isn't going to get us out of here. Fold the sail and start paddling now!" Nami orders urgently. "We have to get back on course!"

Sanji, as usual, is the first to agree to the navigator's command without hesitation and hearts floating around him. "You can count on me~💞!"

Everyone else on board doesn't share the navigator's concerns and aren't fully on board with her orders

"Don't panic." Zoro says to Nami. "And besides, this is a sailboat. Why do we need to paddle?"

"True." Usopp agrees. "And why would we go through the trouble of doubling back when the Marines are waiting for us?"

"There's no room for arguments on this." I state. "Do as Nami says. There's not much time. And I'd much rather avoid confrontations here in these waters and have to let Calder loose and have things get messy."

"But why? At least it's nice and quiet here." Luffy notes, with Usopp nodding in agreement alongside him. "Why would you need Calder's help?"

Nami groans loudly in annoyance. "(First Name), please explain things to these idiots, otherwise I won't be able to keep what little sanity I have right now!" She shoves a map in my hands.

I pat the navigator's head, in an attempt at comfort as she begins sobbing into my chest about the crew's ignorance and stupidity, before turning to gaze at those standing on the center deck. "In our hurry to escape the Marines we've ventured too far south and are now off course and are now stuck here in the Calm Belt."