[8] - Orange Town Arc ~ 5

🏴️️Ch. 8: Who is the Victor? Gum-Gum vs Chop-Chop!🏴️️

"In all my life, I've never been as mad at someone as him! That bastard Shanks stole countless riches from me. I don't know how you two are connected, but I can say whatever I want about him! I've earned that!"

'Shanks isn't the kind of man to steal from someone, especially from someone he would call a comrade. It just doesn't make sense.' I run through my head.

Buggy then proceeds to tell us the story of how Shanks "ruined his life".

"So, are you telling me that Shanks saved your life?" Luffy questions.

"No, that's not the point I'm trying to get across! Because of what he did to me I was unable to swim and therefore unable to obtain my sunken treasure!"

"Who decided it was a good idea to hide a Devil Fruit in their mouth knowing that if by some slim chance they were to swallow it, you could lose your ability to swim? It was your own fault! So, don't go blaming Shanks for your own stupidity and selfishness!" I shout at him.

"Quiet girl! Once I'm done with your scrawny little captain, you're going to become part of the Buggy Pirates."

I glare at him. "I'd sooner lose my ability to swim to a Devil Fruit than fly under your flag as one of your lackeys."

Collective gasps were heard from my friends and even Buggy. Taking away my ability to swim to me is the same as not breathing. It's a major part of my daily life. So, saying how I'd rather lose my ability to swim and be rejected by the ocean I want so hard to learn about is a rather bold statement.

"You'd rather give up being a woman of the sea than become a part of an opposing pirate crew and not serve under your string bean of a captain?!" He was clearly shocked at my statement.

"Damn straight. I'll serve no one else but him and that's that. End of discussion." I state proudly, pointing to Luffy.

I could see the veins popping up on Buggy's face with his grown frustration. "Fine! If that's how you want to play it, then I just have to fight you and show you why I'm the better choice as a pirate captain! Anyways, after what Shanks did to me, I had a revelation: If I couldn't go underwater, then I would just obtain treasure on dry land using my brand new Chop-Chop powers. And now I won't let anyone who touches my treasure live!" Buggy severs his torso and is now hovering in mid-air, armed once again with his daggers. "Death to those who pilfer my hard-earned treasure!"

He zips forward past Luffy and I and straight towards . . .Nami? 'Oh, crap! She must've just finished looting all of Buggy's treasure.' And from the way he talks about pillaging all the treasure on land, then he won't seem to adamant on someone else stealing his already stolen treasure.

Nami screams as she sees that she's been caught red-handed. At the sight of Buggy advancing fast to her, she takes off running with the sack of treasure over her shoulder. I look back to Luffy and see him staring at Buggy's lower half still standing in the same place. Luffy looks at me with a mischievous grin. The rest of us hold in our laughs, knowing the obvious is about to happen. 'Who's the one leaving themselves wide open now, Buggy?' I smirk.

Luffy kicks Buggy right where the sun shines and just in time too. He was barely a foot away from Nami.

Buggy lets out a painful whine and falls to the ground. "Ow! My balls . . .my balls . . .that was a cheap shot." The rest of us laugh at Buggy's misery while watching his lower half squirm.

"You're not exactly a fair fighter either, y'know." I state with a grin.

"Don't run off yet, we're not done." Luffy grins.