[62] - Little Garden Arc ~ 1

🏴️️Ch.62: The Island Out of Time! What Lurks in Little Garden!🏴️️

After leaving Whiskey Peak behind, the journey since has been peaceful.

"It looks like we've lost the wind again." Nami murmurs, seeing the wind has left the sails. "If this keeps up, just getting to Little Garden is gonna take forever. We won't be moving for a while." The navigator informs their princess guest.

"We're starting to run out of time. We need to go." Vivi murmurs worriedly.

"Try not to worry so much. We're gonna get you to Alabasta as quickly as we can. The wind will pick up soon." Nami assures.

"Great! Now it's time to fish!" Luffy beams, followed by an agreeing quack from Carue.

Usopp already sits on the bulwark, starboard side, with his fishing pole in the water, with ChouChou watching curiously.

"Hey, guys? Do any of you know where the bait went?" Sanji joins everyone on the deck, holding out an empty wooden bucket.

Luffy eyes the bucket with a hint of recollection. "Bait? Oh, you mean the stuff in there? Yeah, I ate that."

"Uh! You ate it?! Those were bugs!" The chef states, shocked at what his captain is willing to shove down his throat to appease his seemingly endless hunger.

"That right? They were good." The rubber ravenette is unbothered by his chef's grossed out exclamation against his eating habits, however, and picks the last grub worm before chewing on it with the front end poking out from his lips, grossing out the cook and sniper.

"Oh, yuck! That's gross!" Usopp's eyes bug out from the unsightly display.

I giggle, looking up from putting the finishing touches on my Ammo Gauntlets. "If you've known Luffy as long as I have, you'd know that he'd eat just about anything, no matter how disgusting and/or strange it might be."

"Well done." Sanji remarks sarcastically. "How are we supposed to fish now that you've scarfed down all of our bait? "

"Try using this." Luffy holds up a single coconut from the stockroom.

"We can't fish with that!" The chef snaps.

"Those are some picky fish." Luffy pouts. "How 'bout him?" He jabs a finger in the direction of the large duck standing behind him.

"That could work."

The duck flinches away in fright before taking off to avoid capture. The captain and cook give chase, running around the mast of the ship, hilariously. Unfortunately for the sleeping swordsman lying against port bulwark, he's abruptly stepped on in their pursuit of the large bird. The rest of the Pack stays clear out of the way of their shenanigans but not without giving their equivalents of a laugh before going about their own business.

"Ow! Dammit! Knock it off you guys!" The rudely awakened swordsman barks, red in the face from anger.

Nami watches from the front of the galley, sighing deeply. "I guess it's too much to ask... FOR YOU GUYS TO BE WORRIED!"

At Nami's shouting, the captain and cook freeze on the spot giving chase to the princess' duck. Luffy already atop his back and arms wrapped around his neck.

"What should we be worried about?" Luffy asks cluelessly.

"Ah~You are simply beautiful when you're angry, Nami~💞" Sanji swoons, a heart in his eye.

"Come on." Nami comments exhaustedly.

"It just seems odd." Vivi interjects, eyeing Luffy and I curiously. "For a pair with a 30,000,000 beri bounty on his head your Straw Hat captain doesn't seem to be a particularly terrifying pirate. And seeing this side of (First Name), one would never think she's one of the most feared pirate women on the seas with a 575,000,000 beri bounty."