Over it (2)

This is really short cause its a build up to part 3 which is the final part. This is half of the length of most on my one shots. Part 3 is angsty.

⚠️ Cursing
-------------------------------------------------------

This takes place 6 months after part 1. Y/n and Nat have drifted a lot ever since her and Bruce became official. Y/n mostly spends her time with Wanda and Steve. She genuinely believes shes over Nat and what happened though everyone knows that that's a load of shit.

Y/n's pov
"Hey! Did you hear for Bruce and Nat's anniversary they're throwing a huge party" Peter says not knowing I walked into the room. Everyone just blankly stares at me "Oh come on guys chill I dont even like her like that anymore" Bucky whispers something to sam and they both start laughing. I shoot them a quick glare and continue to plop on the couch "You know were tour best friends y/n you dont need to lie to us" Wanda says looking at me sadly. "Im not lying!"

I swear im totally 100 percent over her. When i see her with him do i wanna crawl in a hole and die? Yes. Do i wish that I was the reason she's so happy. Also yes! but i swear its not that big of a deal "Denial is the first stage of grief y/n and you've been in this stage for 6 months" Sam says. I know he means well but damn that hurt. "Oh shut up Sam"

They all continue to talk about something else but im not listening. I just remember all the fun i used to have with Nat and all the memories we have. "Do you miss her" Steve asks while i leave my trance. I just nod not able to say anything. "Why'd you two stop talking?" I take a moment to reply and in a deep sigh i let out "I love her... LOVED her... you know?" I take another breathe and add "It was just hard seeing her love someone else" Steve smiled at me sadly knowing exactly what i was saying.

We're all having fun and laughing. When the amazing perfect couple walks in. "Hey what are you guys talking about" Bruce asks with Natasha clinging onto his arm. I wanted to barf in that exact moment but i was able to keep my composure. "Oh nothing just past missions and old memories" Steve replied trying his hardest not to make things awkward. "Oh! Y/n do you remember that mission in Venice that was so much fun right!" Why would she even bring that up? Why cant she just pretend I don't exist just like i do with her and bruce. I give a faint smile and reply "Yeah..." and with that I stood up and left.

Whenever She or Bruce walk into a room i make it a point to leave as soon as possible. I just cant take awkwardness its just so uncomfortable so i avoid situations like that at all costs. Usually Natasha just sighs and lets me go, but this time she stopped me "Wait! Where you going" she look at me sadly "Uh just to my room i guess" I say awkwardly, ugh here we go. this is exactly the awkward situation i was trying to avoid. Everyones just staring at the two of us and i hate it. "Oh really? cause before i came it seemed like you weren't planning on leaving any time soon" She sneered at me. Wtf? that was so out of no where. Im awkward, angry, and jealous. So i immediately clap back "Yes! You're exactly right Natasha I was having an amazing time until you walked in" I look at here with my piercing eyes. Im usually not this petty but i think I've had this built up for 6 months and Im finally letting it out. "So if you excuse me Id rather be anywhere but here" I immediately walk out leaving everyone silent

As i enter my room i just sit on my bed crying and thinking to myself. Fuck I cant believe i just did. With tears rolling down my face i hear a knock at my door immediately knowing who it is. As i walk over and answer the door I say "Listen Steve, Im really not in the mood for the whole talk can you please ju- " Thats when i stop and open the door finally revealing who the person is. "Oh. you" I say blankly. She stares at my e/c eyes and Im immediately enchanted by her forest green ones "Yeah. me" she chuckled trying to relieve the tension.