Voicemail (3)

~ The Next Day ~

Y/n's pov:
Its breakfast time and considering its a Saturday we're all supposed to be eating together. The only people in the kitchen and dining room are Steve, Tony, Sam, and Wanda. "Where is everybody?" I ask as I take a seat at the table. "We haven't had a complete meal since you left Y/n"  Damn I guess things have changed. "Peter has a school project, Pietro slept in and..." Wanda hesitates and looks to Steve. "Natasha probably wont be joining us." I don't know why my relationship with Nat became such a sensitive topic, but it is. "and Bucky?" I ask but no one answers. They all seem to be avoiding something. "Good morning." Almost on cue Natasha walks in with Bucky... and shes wearing his shirt? "Nice shirt." I say coldly and she looks down at whats shes wearing and realizes. "Thanks. You like it?" God shes so annoying its like shes taunting me. "I thought you wouldn't be joining us?" The whole team is just silent watching us interact. "Aww and miss you're first breakfast back at the compound? I could never" Shes such an arrogant ass. "Whatever I lost my appetite, Im gonna go train." I walk out of the kitchen and down to the gym.

Nat's pov:
The whole team looked at me disappointed "Really? Out of all the times you could've moved on from y/n. You choose now?" Tony says and I look at him confused and slightly annoyed. "Please Ive moved on from Y/n months ago." Steve and Sam laugh while I just give them death stares and they immediately stop. "Don't worry Bucky and I didn't sleep together last night" Wanda looks like she doesn't believe and neither does Tony. "Oh yeah? Whats with the shirt." Tony says while looking at my shirt with wide eyes. "And for the past two month's you two have been extra close." Wanda adds and I roll my eyes at both of them. "I said we didn't sleep together last night not that we never have. I found this shirt on my floor. It was the first thing I grabbed. Bucky probably left it there from before" I smirk at Bucky but he just looks embarrassed. Wanda on the other hand looks very annoyed and walks out, probably to go talk to Y/n."Come on guys lets just have breakfast" Sam says trying to cut the tension. He hands me a box of cereal and some milk while Steve and Tony continue eating.

Y/n's pov:
I start hitting the punching bag a few times just letting out all my anger. I don't know why the idea of Bucky and Nat made me so mad but it just did. Shes so condescending and arrogant and rude and beautiful and funny and UGH... I strike the bag harder than before and I start to feel my knuckles starting to hurt after a while I can feel someone come up behind me. "Rough couple of days?" I stop punching the bag and turn to face the woman. I smile when I see its Wanda and turn back around to continue punching the bag. "More like rough couple of months." I reply and she smiles at me sadly.

"Whats been on your mind?" I let out a sigh and continue letting my anger out by punching the bag as hard as I can. "Come on Y/n I used to be your best friend and you use to tell me everything don't tell me something's changed?" I can hear Wanda's voice and she seems genuinely concerned. "Its nothing its just..." I hesitate but right when Im about to continue she finishes my sentence. "You still love her?" "NO! God no!" I punch the bag as hard as I can for the final time and finally turn to face Wanda. "I don't know I was thinking about a couple of nights ago and... Im starting to remember the voicemail. I wasn't that drunk so I guess its just coming back to me now." Wanda looks like she really wants to ask me a question but is scared to "What?" I say prompting her to ask me "Well... Isn't that a good thing?" She asks me and Im not sure either. "No! it is most certainly not a good thing." I say as if I'm trying to convince myself. "Well why wouldn't it be?" She questions and I immediately know the answer "Because... drunk words are sober thoughts." She looks at me sadly.

"So what were the drunk words you said to Natasha? Is it really that bad?" I hesitate and I don't know how to answer. Yes? I mean I know I felt bad about how things ended with me and Nat but I just cant come to terms that Im still in love with her.  We never said we loved each other but we both knew we did. Maybe Natasha still has feelings for me? So I guess this is a good thing and I could tell her. Im about to reply when I realize something. "No. it isn't a good thing. Shes moved on and whatever I said or was going to say in that voicemail doesn't matter. She seems to be doing just fine on her own." Wanda looks at me sadly and I leave the training room. My eyes watering from the thought that she was better off without me... happier without me.

~ In Y/n's room ~

Y/n's pov:
Im laying down when i turn to the counter beside my bed and pick up my phone. I decide to messages my ex. We haven't talked in a while but I know she'll probably reply. We ended things on a good note. I moved to New York and well... she was always in space.

Your Ex

hey🤗

oh hey whats up?

I was wondering if you'd like to
come with me to a party?🕺

Avengers party?

yup!

what happened with you and
Natasha? 😕

how do you know about
me and Natasha?

I didn't she just seemed like your
type so i figured sooner or later
you two would get together😏

whatever🙄 just come at 8 pls

ok but you better not be using
me to make her jealous.

thanks Carol you're the best😘

Great so I have a hot date and now I just need Natasha to think Im dating her. Probably wont be that hard seeing as we used to actually date.

---------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think about the text part? I know its not my style but i didn't know how else to explain that part. Also i like the reveal at the end of the texts that your ex is carol.

Please don't forget to vote and Thank you all so much for 4k reads this is the first time I've ever wrote something and this truly amazing. ily all😘

Please don't forget to vote and request plots if you like!