Voicemail (4)

~ At the party ~

Nat's pov:
The whole night has just been so boring. I used to have Y/n with me and she'd usually be able to make things more fun but shes not with me tonight. Shes with some girl Ive never seen in my life. She looks really happy to be honest. Every time she laughs at her jokes or puts her arm on that girls shoulder I could feel a shiver travel across my spine. "You ok?" Steve asks taking a seat beside me. "Why wouldn't I be?" He looks at me like what I just said was so unbelievably dumb. For the record it was. Why would I ever be 'good'? I thought Y/n still cared about me... I thought we still had a chance. It sounded like we did on that voicemail. God that stupid voicemail I wish she never sent it. I wish she never called me. I wish I didn't know she regretted it cause now all I'm thinking about is what if I never suggested to break up. Would we still be together? I start to spiral in my thoughts when Steve nudges me.  "Hey? Nat whats wrong?" I finally snap out of my daze and reply to him. "Nothing... I just hate parties" He nods his head even though he knows this isn't the real reason and I notice Y/n is looking at me. She mouthes a 'come here' but this just pisses me off even more and i leave my chair at the bar and to go to the balcony for some fresh air.

Y/n's pov:
Im having a really good time with Carol. I introduced her to the team and they all really like her. "I never knew you had a type y/n" Carol laughs and I look at Sam confused "Strong independent women?" she asks but instead of letting Sam talk I stop him with my reply. "No... arrogant women who think they're so cool just cause they got their power from an infinity stone." The whole team starts laughing and Carol just looks at me unimpressed. "You know you loved me" I simply roll my eyes at her and laugh. "Whatever you say..." The team laughs again at our bickering and I notice Natasha by the bar looking very annoyed. I wave to her and tell her to come to me but she just rolls her eyes and walks away. I know Natasha and I have been arguing a lot recently but shes never ignored me. That means she really is mad. "Hey Im gonna go to the balcony ok?" I tell Carol and she gives me a smile while nodding her head.

~ A The Balcony ~

I make it to the balcony and its just me and Natasha. "Whats wrong?" I ask her but she doesn't reply. "I don't understand. You love parties." she sighs and turns to face me "I hate parties." I look at her confused and she continues. "You love parties and I liked hanging out with you... so I just went with you to them." I still look at her confused. "Thats not true... You always looked like you were enjoying your time." She rolls her eyes at me. "I was enjoying because I was with you not because I was at a party." Im about to ask something else but she cuts me off. "Whatever I don't know why I even came" she tries to walk past me but I grab her arm stopping her. "Just stay with me." I say and she turns around confused.

"What?" She asks almost sounding disgusted. "I don't hear from you for months then all of a sudden you call me in the middle of the night saying sorry and that you do care about me but then you bring some girl to this party. Oh and now you want me to stay with you? God you're just as confusing as I remember." I dont know what to say so i just stay silent. "You acted like you cared about me but you never did. I can't believe I ever thought we had a chance again."

Im still in shock but at the same time a little annoyed with what shes saying. "Why are you acting like this? Stop pretending like for even a second you cared about me when I left" Things are starting to get heated and were now both shouting at each other. "Is that what you think? That I didn't care about you when you left? I couldn't eat or sleep or go to bed without crying. Everywhere I went it just reminded me of you." I scoff and roll my eyes at her. "Oh but you could sleep with Bucky cause that didn't remind you of me." She looks dumbfounded by my words

"What'd you expect was gonna happen? You never even tried. You never fought for us. I thought our whole relationship was a lie and that you never really cared. So Im sorry if i was heartbroken and had sex with someone else out of spite" Tony walks in right when I was about to reply. "Hey guys uh... You wanna do this somewhere a little more private these doors are glass not sound proof" We both look around and see that everyone inside saw and most likely heard our fight. Natasha just walks away and I stand in place in shock.  Once I start to realize what's happening again I follow.

~ Not in the Party ~

Im following her down the hallways of our room and when Im finally close enough I grab her arm again. "Nat! Hey Nat! Were not done talking. LOOK AT ME!" "LET ME GO!" she quickly replies and were both now staring at each others eyes. "Im sorry..." I say and she just sighs walking to her room and I start to follow her again. When we reach her room she turns around and faces me. "Why do you keep following me? First to the balcony and now to my room." I sigh and avoid her eyes. "I walked away once before. I am not doing that again." She looks at me as if what i just said pissed her off. "No Y/n stop that." I keep avoiding eye contact waiting for her to continue "You're doing it again... Stop doing that!" I finally meet her eyes and see shes crying. "Doing what? Nat Im not-" "Stop acting like you care... It hurts Y/n. Every single time you make me think you care but you don't and it hurts. You think its easy for me seeing you with someone else?" She looks so hurt and broken. I can't believe I ever did this to her.

"For the record Im not pretending ok. I always cared about you and I will continue to care about you" I sigh. "And hey you're the one who ended it remember?" She looks at me hurt and angry. "Yeah! Because I was mad at you not because I stopped loving you!" There a silence and no one says anything for a while. She sighs and just turns around to close the door in my face but I stop it. "Do you still love me?" I say softly. "No... Yes?... I don't know ok. All i know is that when you left I was broken. It was like a piece of me was taken and I could never get it back. I didn't know how to function without you and I didn't want to. I thought I had nothing until I got this job... but I only truly knew what it was like to have nothing when I lost you." She tries to continue to push the door but I stop her again. "The voicemail." I say blankly and she opens the door properly facing me. "What?" She says softly. "The voicemail... It ended with me saying you were perfect but i still had something to say after that." She doesn't say anything waiting for me to continue. "Im in love with you thats what i was supposed to say... and I have always been in love with  you. I was scared to tell you before and I was scared of how I felt towards you but... I don't care anymore. I cant lose you again. I need you in my life Natasha." We're both speechless and she tries to talk but I stop her by pulling her into a passionate kiss. Shes stiff at first but eventually we start to melt into each other. As I pull away I stare into her eyes. "Im so sorry. You're not a hookup I regret in the morning. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." She smiles at me and pulls me into another kiss.

"Good to see you two worked out your differences." I can hear tony and the rest of the team. Standing behind us and they start whistling and clamping. I keep kissing Natasha and just give them a middle finger.

---------------------------------------------------------
I divided this into 2 more part cause it was way too long to be one.

One part of this is inspired by a scene in FRIENDS

I don't put the screaming in caps because then my whole dialogue would end up in caps since i like writing angst but when it us in caps that means its EXTRA shouty

I rlly rlly like how this ended up to be please tell me what you guys think😊