Merry Christmas (2)

⚠️TW⚠️ Mentions of depression (very brief part)
---------------------------------------------------------

- Immediately after -

Y/n's pov:
After I close the door I could no longer hold it in and just collapsed to the ground. Before Natasha, I thought I was incapable of love. I thought love was a myth told to children and only fools believed it. She made me feel things I never felt before. She made me a better person and I liked who I was when I was with her.

"Y/n!" I could hear the footsteps of my little cousin coming towards me. Quickly wiping the tears off my face and getting up "Yeah? What is it" I say sweetly to the little girl before me. "What are those!" She points outside the window to a mound of gifts wrapped beautifully. I hesitate and don't know what to do. Do I return the gifts to her? Do I let my family have their presents but return mine? Feeling my cousin tug on my shirt I quickly reply "Oh they're from my gir-  friend. They're from my friend" Her eyes light up not realizing the mistake I made that makes all the difference "Can we open them? Pleaseee!!" She says to me with pleading eyes but I just give in not wanting to upset her. "Of course! Come on let's go get them"

As I handed everyone their gifts they each open them, all receiving the perfect gifts for them. The fact that Natasha had never met any of them and them receiving perfectly picked-out gifts was very surprising. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you were the ones who bought these!" My mom says and I laugh it off not wanting to have to talk about Natasha. This Christmas made me realize how much I talked about my family and how much she genuinely listened. I talked to her for hours about how my aunt had broken her stan because my cousin was playing football in the house. My aunt and cousin got a new stand mixer and football respectively. I have a big family and we are all very close to the fact that she remembers all of them from my stories alone sends a warm but sharp feeling in my chest. I miss her and it has been less than an hour.

As my family prepares to all go to bed my mom calls my attention to the side. "Y/n! Come here" I walk to her and see she has a small black box in her hand. "Are you okay?" 'Not wanting to get the breakup talk from my mother, I lie "Yeah of course I am, it's Christmas!" I try to quickly go upstairs and dodge the conversation but she stops me. "Y/n. I heard. If you need to talk I'm always here. I know how much she meant to you and I may not have met her but I saw how happy she made you even when she wasn't around. "I know mom. I still love her, I do but right now It's better if we're apart."

Before I met Natasha my life wasn't going so well. To be frank I was depressed. I love my family but when I came out to them... well let's just say they weren't the most accepting. I told them I was bisexual and my mom emphasized on the fact that 'at least there was still a chance I could marry a man' which honestly broke my heart. The rest of the family didn't say much but I could see the disappointment in their eyes. Eventually, they warmed up to it and have become my biggest supporters yet. I tell them about all the people I've liked, which is not many but still. That's why Natasha was so special to me and they all knew that especially my mom.

"What's that?" I say pointing to the box she's holding. "Well, I've been contemplating whether or not I should give it to you, It's from Natasha." Even just the mention of her name makes my chest ache. "Oh." I say blankly. "I saw it under the pile and got it. Here If you think you can you should read it, it is for you" She hands me the box and pushes back some hair on my face "I love you Y/n." She says to me sweetly and I look up meeting her eyes "I love you too mom."

After the living room settled down, all the kids in bed, and adults in their room I stay downstairs in the kitchen not feeling as tired. While looking at the box I contemplate whether or not I should open it. My curiosity gets the best of me and before I know it I'm opening the box. On top, there's a beautiful necklace and behind it, the word "Forever" engraved on it. I could feel tears start to fall as I further explore the rest of the contents of the small box.

Merry Christmas baby, I hope you know you're always on my mind. Thank you for another beautiful year together. I promise I will love you forever.

- Your Love, Natasha

I feel even more tears continue to fall and I can no longer hold it in. I fall to the ground and completely breakdown

- The next day -

I wake up on the couch not knowing how I got there "Good Morning" My mom says to me as she makes breakfast "How'd I get here?" I ask her "Your brother saw you on the floor of the kitchen while he was trying to get a midnight snack and carried you there" Great I passed out on the floor of my kitchen crying over someone I broke up with. Real mature Y/n. "Oh, thanks then" I look to my brother whos already gobbling down heaps of bacon. "I'm gonna go to my room," I say leaving my family downstairs as my cousins, aunts, and uncles all get ready to leave.

As I get to my room I feel my phone vibrate, pulling it out of my pocket I see that I got a text from Wanda "Can't wait to see you on New Year's Eve!! Bucky, Sam, Carol and I are so excited! I sigh remembering I promised to come to the Avengers New Year's Eve party. I decided to just tell her I'm not coming "Sorry Wands I'm not going. Im gonna be really busy the first week of January and I need to get caught up on some paperwork:(" I make up the lamest excuse ever but I hope she she just lets it be "What!! You're so lameeee at least just quickly stop by and say hi" I don't know what to do. I love all the friends I've created at the compound. They've become my family but I'm just not ready to see Natasha. "Im really tired and Im gonna go back to bed. I promise Ill think about it though."

---------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to vote if you're enjoying the story.

The final part will be posted at midnight and will be called 'Happy New Year'