Merry Christmas (1)

"Y/n wheres that girlfriend of yours you always talk about? Im starting to wonder if shes even real!" My Aunt jokes as the rest of the family starts laughing. I was so excited to finally bring Natasha to meet my family, every other opportunity for them to meet something always came up, whether it was saving the world or another mission she always had something more important to do. Of course I understood why it was this way, I never liked it but I understood. The rest of the family started discussing what Christmas movie they wanted to watch and finally settled on The Grinch. They were all wrapped in blankets drinking hot cocoa or eating chocolate while i was alone in the corner of the room just sitting there. Natasha promised she'd spend Christmas with me and my family, she knew how important this was to me.

December 26 12:47 am.

I sigh looking down at my phone, seeing the date and time. Another party with everyone around me enjoyimg with their significant others and mine nowhere to be found. As if on cue the doorbell rang. "Don't worry Ill get it!" I get up as I tell my family who are now deeply focused watching The Grinch trying to steal some presents. As I open the door I don't feel the happiness I thought I would. "Merry Christmas!" Standing in front of me, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen holding up mounds of gifts probably for me and my family. "I didn't think you were coming. Christmas is already over." I say blankly looking at her. She had a sorry expression on her face with this aching feeling in my gut starting to form. "I know Im late, Im really sorry." She set aside the gift on my front porch and tried to come closer to me but I stepped back. "Nat..." I take a deep breathe before saying my peace. "I don't think I can do this anymore-" She tried stopping me by calling my name but I don't let her. "No Natasha I cant. Im so tired of being the last on your list. Theres always another mission to do or person to save, and at first it was fine. Thats your job and I get that but I cant live like this anymore. " She waits for me to continue but I have nothing else to say. "So what are you saying? This is it? Were done just cause i was an hour late?" She sounds hurt and angry but I stand my ground. "It doesn't matter that you were late. Its why you were late."

"So much streets were closed and there was a pile up of snow on the highway. Thats why I was late." She says trying to explain to me but I know the truth "Don't lie to me Natasha. I called Steve, you were in Hong Kong for a mission." Were both now pretty angry at each other and I know my families probably listening because I no longer hear the grinch playing in the background. "Ok fine. I had a mission to do but thats not the reason I was late!" I finally decide to step outside and close the door behind behind me, trying to avoid my family hearing the rest of this conversation.

"Listen, I don't want to fight you. You're always going to choose saving the world before choosing me and thats not your fault. You're a hero, you always have been..." I take another deep breathe and continue "What Im saying is were done Nat. Thank you for everything, for being my first love, the only person I could ever open up to, for always making me laugh and for taking care of me when I was sick. You were really the best but right now we're both at two very different points in our lives and we dont want the same things. Good night Natasha, Merry Christmas." As I start to feel the tears from my eyes start to fall and my heart breaking I turn to leave her. Right as I close the door I hear her say something. "Ill quit." I stop and turn around not sure if i heard her correctly. "What?" I say trying to clarify. "Ill quit SHIELD. Ill quit being an Avenger. Ill do anything just..." She stops and takes a breathe. "Please. Please dont do this." I look at her face and see how much shes hurting, how much Im hurting her. "I don't want you to give up what you love for me. You love being a hero and saving the day and I don't wanna be the reason why you stop doing what you love." "I love you! Dont you get it? Ill sacrifice everything to be with you." I sigh realizing what shes saying. "Thats the problem. Being with me shouldn't have to be a sacrifice." Theres a silence be tween the two of us as were now both visibly crying.

"Good night Natasha, Merry Christmas." I say for the last time closing the door behind me.

---------------------------------------------------------
What better way than for me to make my return with a sad christmas one shot? In all seriousness Im sorry for disappearing on you guys, the last few months have been very rough but dont worry! I will be back and trying my best to upload I have alot of unfinished drafts and no I did not forget about my "Your Eyes" series. I will be making 2 or 3 more parts but Im not exactly sure on when.

This is just a really short one but I haven't had the best holidays so I wanted to make a quick sad christmas thing to get some things off my chest.

I missed you guys alot how have you been? Also MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY HANUKKAH! OR WHATEVER U GUYS CELEBRATE!! or maybe u dont celebrate at all so I hope you just have a happy day! 🥰❤️