All the Time in the World

Hold On (Alternate Ending)
I kinda wrote this as a continuation to Hold On but it kinda developed into its own thing now and can be considered as its own one shot

This takes place in Endgame so you all know whats coming also for the sake of a timeline Nat broke up with you right before Infinity war.

The final battle doesn't happen so Tony is alive but Steve still goes back to Peggy.

This is so long Im so sorry. (2991 words)

⚠️sad
------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's pov
I walk into the once familiar compound I used to go to work to everyday and everything seems the same but also so different. Everything changed after Thanos. I couldn't bring myself to come back here. Natasha was stronger than me. She held the remainder of what The Avengers was together. Me and her were ok I guess... I let go of all my hatred towards her because honestly it just got tiring. I havent seen her in almost 4 years. After the snap i left and went to Wakanda with Okoye. I couldn't handle the pain of everything so I just shut it out. "Hey stranger." I say with a painful smile on my face. Natasha got out of her chair and gave me a hug. "How have you been? Its feels like I haven't seen you in forever." I never realized how much I missed her. "Yeah well Im as good as I can be considering things. Wakandas great. I love it there but nothing beats The Compound" We sat down at the table and just talked about everything. "Im sorry for leaving. After the Snap I just shut everyone out." I said while looking at her sadly. I miss how things used to be before the snap, before the break up. Before everything. Everything just got so messy so quickly."Hey... Its not your fault. I get why you had to leave. You felt like there was nothing left for you here" She said while staring into my eyes. I just wanted to kiss her and forget about everything. Like my whole world wasn't falling apart. I pull away from her breaking eye contact not wanting to fall again. "Uh where is everyone?" almost immediately Steve walked in. "Hey! Y/n its been so long" He gave me a big hug but I could see the pain written all over his face. The whole world has moved on except us. I feel like we all just couldn't bring ourselves to doing it. "Hey Steve I missed you" I gave him a smile and we all sat together catching up.

- 3 months later -
You've been staying with Natasha in the compound for the last few months. You were supposed to leave to go back to Wakanda last month but you couldn't bring yourself to leave her. Whether or not you wanted to admit it. Tou were falling for her all over again.

Nat's pov:
I woke up pretty early today to make breakfast for me and y/n. I really missed having her around here. "Morning" I hear her sweet voice creep around the corner without me even noticing. "Why are you up so early? Im not even done making you breakfast" I said smiling at her while still cooking. "I don't know I guess I just wanted to see you already" She takes a seat at the kitchen island while I'm still cooking. I can feel her eyes on me but i decide not to say anything. After a few minutes of silence she finally breaks it. "Hey..." She hesitates to continue talking. "Whats wrong?" I can sense that she's getting nervous. "Nothing's wrong!" She quickly replied followed with an awkward chuckle. "Its just... Remember 5 years ago? When you just... uh left me cause i deserved better" She used quotation marks with her fingers when she said deserved better and i roll my eyes. "Yes. Of course i remember. that was the saddest day of my life i couldn't forget that... even if i tried." I really don't want to talk about this but i know its been bothering her for years. "Why'd you do it? I mean if you say it was the saddest day of your life. Why'd you leave me?" This is so awkward I hate it. I take some time to reply thinking very carefully of what Im about to say. "Uh- I don't know... You deserved better" "Oh bullshit whats the real reason?" she quickly replied. "Well. I knew what was coming with Thanos and everything. I thought that If i broke up with you and well... hurt you. You'd leave The Avengers and you wouldn't fight. I was trying to protect you" Ive never been this uncomfortable in my life. "So even after everything you didn't think hey! Maybe I should tell y/n that I actually do love her and Im not just a shitty person" She said while laughing. I could tell she wasn't as uncomfortable as I was. She didn't really mind talking about it. I guess its cause its been so long and she's probably over it. Me on the other hand. Ive been kicking myself for not just telling her the truth. "I was but... You said you were done and after the breakup you didn't want to have anything to do with me, so i just guessed that you didn't love me anymore." She quickly stood up. She looks sad now... hurt even? "Natasha I was mad at you. Doesn't mean I didn't love you" I stop what I'm doing and walk closer to her. "You still love me?" I hesitate asking. She avoids eye contact and just gets up to leave but I stop her grabbing her arm. "Do you?" Shes staring into my eyes while I'm still holding onto her wrist. "Of course I do... I never stopped." I stand there in shock and I let go of her arm. She immediately leaves to go to her room while Im left alone.