Happy New Year (MC 3)

This is really painful imo I like started getting chest pains LMAO

the start is kinda slow but THE END.

I know its not midnight but I cant take it anymore I NEED YALL TO READ THIS
--------------------------------------------------------
- Avengers New Years Eve Party -

Y/n's pov:
I feel so nervous walking into the Avengers compound. I haven't been here since the Halloween party. Honestly, I wasn't supposed to come but Bucky, Sam, Wanda, and Carol all forced me, they said I could just quickly stop by and say hi so that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Just drop by, say hi, and immediately leave.

"Hey! You're finally here I've really missed you!!" I look up and see Wanda opening her arms for a hug. I smile at her and hug her but it feels weird, "I didn't think you were coming" she says to me. "What do you mean? You were the one who was begging me to come." She looks confused "Yeah but... Didn't you and Nat just break up?" I'm surprised she says this because I thought she already knew. "We all just found out today cause- Nevermind it doesn't matter. You're always welcome here." She says to me sweetly while guiding me to the bar.

As I walk closer to the bar I see Carol enjoying her drink. "/n I have missed you!"  She says to me. I'm really happy to be here. The Avengers have become my second family and I'm so glad to have met them all. "Carol! I've missed you too!" I say to her excitedly as Wanda and I take a seat beside her.

Luckily most of the evening was filled with laughs with Wanda and Carol I was always the closest to them in the team, besides Natasha of course. Weirdly, I didn't see Natasha once "Hey! It's almost midnight" Wanda says to me and Carol and Carol get excited. "Okay, I'm gonna go look for Val (Valkyrie) wish me luck!" Wanda looks smiley and I get excited. "Hey, wheres Vision? You should go look at him before Midnight" I say urging her so that at least one of us gets a New Year's kiss tonight. "We broke up," She says to me but she doesn't seem as sad as she should. "Are you okay?" I say trying to check up on her. "Yeah I mean we wanted different things. I want to settle down maybe have a family and he wants that too just not any time soon." I nod my head not knowing what else to say. "Hey, how come you guys only found out Natasha and I broke up today?" Wanda looks like she doesn't want to answer me but I raise my brows prompting her to answer. "Oh well... When Natasha arrived she was with someone else." I could feel my heart shatter and that little girl crying in her kitchen on Christmas felt all too familiar. "Oh" I pause not wanting to let my tears fall. "Who was she with?" I say with as little emotion as I can. "Y/n..." Wanda says pleading with me. I know she doesn't want to say it because she doesn't want to see me hurt but I need to know. "I'm just curious" She sighs and finally gives in "It was Maria, you know her right? " I didn't think I could feel anymore pain than I was already in. "Yeah... Uh Maria and I used to be close when I still worked at SHIELD"

Close was an understatement. Maria was my Best Friend although she knew nothing about my crush on "Agent Romanoff" She was still like a sister to me. What hurts even more is Natasha knows Maria and I were close. How could she do this to me? "Y/n?" I hear Wanda speaking to me as I got lost in my thoughts "Yeah?" I say finally coming out of it "We should go." I look at her face and she looks scared, but not for her, for me. Turning around I finally see why. "Oh... Y/n what are you doing here?" Natasha says to me. She seems completely fine and nothing like how she was when I last saw her. Before answering I look down seeing Maria's arm clinging to hers. "Well this is my friend's party, I was invited so I came." Natasha seems annoyed but doesn't say anything more. "2 shots please," She says passing me and Wanda. I look to Wanda and she smiles at me sadly "Don't mind her" She mouths to me and I sigh giving her a smile. Without me even noticing everyone started counting down.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Happy New year!!!

Everyone shouted and I was really happy up until I looked around to greet everyone. My heart stopped. Seeing Natasha kissing Maria made me want to throw up. I could feel my heart palpitating and my ears started to ring "Y/n?" I felt Wanda shake me but I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Wanda checks to see what I'm looking at and finally understands. "Hey... Don't mind them It's a New Year focus on yourself." She says to me sweetly while hugging me. As she pulls away she kisses me on the cheek and I could feel my cheeks turn red. I don't like Wanda that way but she definitely gave me butterflies. Immediately after the kiss, I could feel a strong grip on my wrist dragging me somewhere. Looking up I see Natasha with a very angry look on her face. Was she watching me? "Let go of me!" I say trying to remove her grip but she has always been way stronger than me. "Shut up. We need to talk." I'm offended by her words and try to resist again "You have no right to speak to me like that" I say trying to hold my ground but I hear her just scoff at me as she continues to drag me upstairs. Upstairs is the main living area of the avengers, where they have movie nights, parties with close friends, and other things. Of course, no one is there right now as they're all enjoying the huge party downstairs.

We finally reach the living room and I look to see if Natasha has anything to say but she does nothing. She just sits on the couch with her hands on her head. "Okay, If you're just gonna sit there and do nothing I'm going back down. I have better things to do." I try to turn around and leave but I hear her speak "What like Wanda?" Wanda? What does she have to do with this? I mean yeah she kissed me on the cheek but so what. As I turn to face her again I have a look of confusion on my face which seems to just set her off even more "Oh don't play dumb you were with her the whole night. You didn't leave her side once" Natasha looks really mad. I don't think I've ever seen her this angry before. "What are you doing here Y/n?" I don't know what to reply so I decide to just stay silent "You have no right to come here and practically throw yourself at my friends." I felt numb and couldn't believe she just said that to me and throw myslef? I was just hanging out with my friends. Just cause Natasha became friends with them first does not mean they are any less mine "Oh! Like you're any better? You know Maria was my best friend and you just had to bring her here." She rolls her eyes at me and I could see not only the anger but the pain in her eyes. The pain I caused. "Yeah, I just had to forget about you. All I ever did was try to be there for you and I get it my job got in the way sometimes but I tried. I tried so hard and you never saw that." again I just don't know what to say. I know Natasha tried and not that it wasn't good enough but I got tired. I deserved to have a partner who was there for me and not only when they had some spare time. After standing in silence for a while I decide to finally ask her the question that I've been wondering the whole night. "Are you two..." I look at her not wanting to continue my sentence. "What me and Maria?" I nod my head. I wait for a reply but instead she stays silent avoiding eye contact. Not answering was as good as answering and I realize what her lack of words means. I could feel the tears start to form but I refuse to let her see how much she affects me. "Ok well, looks like we're done here. I'm gonna go back down and probably head home." I feel her grab onto my wrist but this time much softer compared to a while ago "Yes I've been seeing her but No we're not officially together." Considering the fact that we broke up less than a week ago I think I have the right to be mad, even though I was the one who ended it, it's not like I ended it because I didn't love her. "You don't waste any time do you?" I try leaving after that remark but of course, Natasha would never let me have the last say. "Oh I'm sorry the way I'm coping with our breakup hurts you but honestly I don't care. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke." There's a long silence again neither of us wanting to do anything about it. Until I finally decide to break it. "I'm sorry." She looks up at me confused and I continue "I'm sorry I hurt you. Never in a million years would I ever willingly hurt you, but you have to understand every missed date night, every missed dinner with my family, it all hurt but I stood by you. I accepted it. Christmas was a boiling point for me and I couldn't take it anymore. If I stayed in that relationship I would have ended up resenting you and I never want that to happen because you were the only person who ever made me feel loved and appreciated. You were and always will be my best friend and greatest love" Looking at her she has tears in her eyes and I could feel My heartbreaking. I slowly pull out the necklace and letter she gave me for Christmas and hand it to her. "I'm sorry we didn't get forever" She takes them from me and I take a deep breath and turn to leave her.

"Happy New Year, Y/n" I hear her say but I decide to keep walking knowing if I turn around I would never be able to walk away from her again.

--------------------------------------------------------
I HONESTLY REALLY LIKE THIS TRILOGY

what are ur thoughts on a bonus part 4 of this with like what happened around 2/3 years after or sumn

I have a bunch of drafts that are finished and ready to be posted that are v sad so be ready for that.