Girl Crush

based on a song by Little Big Town covered by Harry Styles
---------------------------------------------------------
Y/n's pov:
"Have you ever liked someone so much that it feels all consuming? All your time is spent thinking about them and to you they're just so perfect. They can do no wrong." I asked Steve while I was daydreaming. "Y/n?" He asked me shocked. "What?" I replied turning to him. "God you're so obvious" He said to me while chuckling. "Obvious about what?" He looked at me with a grin on his face. "All you do is stare at Wanda. All day. Its like shes always on your mind. So if you were trying to keep it a secret... Trust me its not." I looked at him shocked and I hit his shoulder. "I do not!" He looked a little annoyed and rubbed his arm "Y/n you dont have to keep it a secret from me. Im not gonna say anything its just that... Wanda's taken shes been with Nat for a while and they make each other happy" He sounded like he genuinely felt bad for me only he got it all wrong.

Yes Im always staring at Wanda and Im day dreaming about her too. I mean come on! Shes so perfect. Shes smart, powerful, beautiful... Shes everything you would want in a partner and Im... Im nothing compared to her. "Listen Steve trust me. I don't like her in that way" Before I knew it Tony walked up behind me and leaned over asking, "Liked who in what way?" I was about to reply but Steve beat me to it. "Y/n never liked Wanda" Tonys facial expression looks like he's just been told the biggest most obvious lie. "Ha! Very funny Rogers. Everybody in the team knows Y/n likes Wanda it's practically common knowledge... Even the kid knows!" He pointed to Peter who stood behind him. He had a sheepish smile on his face. "WHAT!?" I practically screamed which scared Steve, Tony and Peter. "What do you mean common knowledge? You mean..." Tony nodded his head smiling at me as if what he was saying was funny. "Yup! Romanoff knows your in love with her girlfriend" My heart sank. I didn't know what i was supposed to do. Natasha was my best friend. We haven't talked that much these last few months ever since she started dating Wanda but I always thought it was just cause she wanted to spend time with Wanda and not me. "Shit. Shit. Shit-" "Hey! Language!" I rolled my eyes at Steve "Steven Grant Rogers my best friend thinks I'm In love with her girlfriend I think a few shits here and there wouldn't hurt anybody." He laughed a little since I used his full name. "What do you mean thinks? You are in love with Wanda right?" Tony asked and I slapped him on the arm. "No! of course not! Honestly Tony why would you even think that!?" He rolled his eyes at me and finally sat down on the couch next to me, across from Steve. Peter stood behind us awkwardly waiting for Tony to bring him home.

"If you aren't in love with Maximoff then why are you always staring at her and you always talk about how pretty she is, and how her hair is perfect, and not to forget when you said her perfume was 'heavenly'." I hit Tony on the arm again and he finally moved away from me to sit next to Steve. "Hey Im just confused you don't need to hit me." He said annoyed and I just stood up to leave. "Where are you going?" Tony shouted to me as I walked away. "None of your business! Just bring Peter home already Its getting late and he has school tomorrow." I shouted back at him. "Bye Y/n! and for the record I don't think you're in love with Wanda!" As he shouted those words I bumped into Nat. Great. "Oh sorry..." I say while trying to walk past her as fast as possible. "What did Peter just say?" She questioned and I turned to face her awkwardly. "Nothing..." She looked at me annoyed and angry so I guess I should just say it. I let out a deep sigh and finally let it out "The team thinks I have a crush on Wanda" her eyes widen in shock and realization. "Wanda? As in my girlfriend?" She look even more annoyed now. "Yeah... But trust me Nat you're my best friend I would never hurt you like that. I DO NOT like Maximoff like that not even close." She looks convinced so I try to turn away and leave but she questions me again. "Why would they think that in the first place if theres no Truth to it?" Shit. Shes right. The only reason they think I like Wanda is cause Im always looking at her... but I'm not even looking at her like that. "I dont know. You know Tony he can come up with the craziest things. Remember when he thought you had a crush on me!" I said whole awkwardly laughing trying to change the topic. She looked uncomfortable that i mentioned this so she just let me go. It was true though. Tony always used to tease Nat that she liked me.