Ambivalence (1)

Iam so excited for yall to read this.

enemies to lovers 🥰
---------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's pov:
For weeks, Agent Romanoff and I have been living in our little bubble. The world wanted me dead but all I wanted was to be with her. She's an Agent of SHIELD and was tasked to take me out. For years we would taunt and tease each other until one day I didn't even realize that I had fallen for her. She had finally caught me, well to be fair I was trying to get caught. I knew I had feelings for her but I never would've thought that she felt the same. When I found out she did everything changed. She was standing in front of me, her gun pointed to my temple yet I wasn't afraid. Something in me new she wouldn't shoot.  

- 3 months ago -

"Hands behind your back." She says sternly. "Youre not going to shoot me." I say nonchalantly. "You wanna test that theory?" I raise up my hands urging her to shoot. A few moments pass and she finally sighs putting down the gun down. "See, I know you" She looks back up at me staring straight into my eyes. She looks angry but not at me at herself. "You dont know a thing about me." I raise my eyebrows challenging her statement. "So I dont know that you're in love with me?" I dont know that but I love seeing how worked up she gets trying to deny it. She rolls her eyes at me "Please... you?" instead of looking at me after she avoids eye contact. I step closer to her. Inappropriately and unimaginably close, my lips mere inches away from hers. "Common Romanoff I know you want to" Her eyes flick to my lips and back to my eyes. I smirk, realizing that she does want to kiss me. "In your dreams" she says pushing my chest away but I grab her arm putting her back in the same position. Somehow closer than before. We're both standing waiting for each other to make a move when she finally nods her head slowly. I move closer removing whatever space was left between us as we erupt into a passionate kiss. Her hands wresting on my face, while I use mine to pull her waist closer to me. Everything around me fades into nothing and all I feel is her. We finally pull away from each other breathless. "That was..." She says and I look up at her waiting for a reaction. "You cant do that again." the way she says those words seem like she does want me to do it again. "Oh? I thought you quite liked it. I know I did." She doesn't say anything and we're both just staring at each other still a little breathless. "If you do that again, I dont think I can stop myself." My heart starts beating faster because of her words. This girl makes me feel things Ive never felt before and its intoxicating. "Then dont." I say and she pushes me until my back hits the wall kissing me even harder than before.

- Later -

Im laying in bed, beside me a woman I swore I hated and I honestly don't know how I feel right now. "Wow." She says and I look over to her. God she looks perfect right now. I don't say anything and just smile admiring her beauty. After a while I break the silence "Well then. I guess I should get going" I say getting up and putting on my shirt. As much as I want to stay here forever, this, whatever this is would never work out. She grabs me before I could make any significant distance and stops me. I look at her confused but she doesn't say anything else. "What do you want from me Agent Romanoff?" She doesn't say a word. She's usually very talkative she loves talking about how bad I am and how many people Ive hurt but now, Ive rendered her mute. After a while she finally replies "I don't know. All I know is I want you." Her words catch me off guard. I laugh off what shes saying, knowing we could never work. "What? You want me to be your girlfriend? Stay here and hide away pretend as if every government in the world doesn't want me dead?" theres another moment of silence as she thinks about what shes about to say. "Yes." She says finally replying and I look at her unconvinced.

- End of flashback -

And here we are, 3 months later and we've been
living in a house together this whole time. We live quite far from the city and a 15 minute drive into town. Theres no one around us for miles. Just her and I.

Today is a Saturday and usually I go to town to do some errands while Natasha goes on her morning run. If she gave me the word id leave everything behind and have this with her forever. Coming home I see she hasn't left. "Hey can we talk" She says as I walk into our living room. "Oh no. Are you breaking up with me?" I say jokingly and she laughs a bit but immediately looks down. "Hey whats wrong?" I ask putting my arm on her shoulder. "Nothing." She says moving away from me. "So what do you want to talk about?" Suddenly her face hardens and she looks me straight in the eyes. "Where have you been?" she asks. "I went to town." I say defensively. "Why?" She says and I can hear her voice getting more aggressive. "I needed to handle some things." I reply trying to go into our room and avoid this conversation. "You will never stop will you." She says more as a statement than a question. "What?" I have no clue what shes trying to get at. I try to go to the kitchen to pack away the groceries I bought. "Don't play dumb with me Y/n" I stop walking and turn to face her, finally realizing what shes trying to say. "You will never trust me will you?" She just looks at me angrily and doesn't reply. "Of course!" I scoff "I cant believe I thought this would ever work out." "Tell me the truth and maybe it will." I stare into her eyes and reply. "You want the truth? I went into town to buy groceries." She doesn't say anything and it's obvious she doesn't believe anything Im saying. "Fine. Heres the real truth, I went into town to sell the last bits of information I have about the A.K. case." She looks at me unimpressed finally believing what I said. "I knew it. You still work for your dad." I just look at her and i dont say a word. No matter what I say or do she will only believe what she wants to believe so whats the point. "Take her away." She says with authority but I just look at her confused. Before I know it SHIELD agents come barging into my house and are coming out of various rooms. They quickly cuff me and take me away. "Good Job Agent Romanoff. For I second there I thought you turned your back on us" I try to fight hut its no use. The last thing I see is Natasha talking to Fury about God knows what.

--------------------------------------------------------
Im making a pt2 to this for sure and im no longer making a pt2 to my previous one shot

also new cover bec i think nat looks hawt in this