The Wedding

Y/n's pov:
"So? How do I look?" I spin around turning to Nat as she smiled at me sweetly. "You look beautiful Y/n, Wandas gonna love it." She looked slightly sad but i decided to just leave it alone and continue to look at myself in the mirror. Wanda and I are getting married in a month and Im so excited. We've been together for 2 years and best friends since I joined the Avengers. Honestly I never saw her as more than a friend but when i decided to retire and she offered to come with me everything changed. I found myself slowly falling for her. "Do you remember the night before you left?" Nat asked and i turned to sit beside her on the couch of the store. "Yeah?" I say slightly intrigued. "3 years ago? When you were gonna leave to live a 'normal' life." raising my eyebrows I question why she would bring this up. "The days leading up to your retirement I pretended like it wasn't real. Like you weren't actually leaving me" I look at her sadly and move closer to her. "I never left you. I was and will always be your best friend Natasha" She looked hurt and moved away from me slightly. "Hey... You cant be mad at me." My tongue laced with sadness. "I asked you to come with me. I wanted so desperately for you to come with me, but I knew nothing would make you leave, not even me." She seems like she doesn't know what to reply and shes shocked by my words. "You didn't... Never mind I shouldn't have brought it up. Its just... I always thought we meant something to each other" She quickly stood up to leave but I grab on to her wrist "Nat wait. Why are you doing this? Why are you bringing this up now?" She pulled her arm away from my grasp and spoke "Its just. I always made my feelings clear. You just never believed it." I sigh and answer back slightly annoyed "I needed to go Natasha even if it meant leaving you behind." She scoffed and rolled her eyes "You wanted to go, if I was in your position i wouldn't even need to think twice about leaving you behind" And with that she walked out of the room.

~ Flashback 3 years ago ~
*The night before Y/n was gonna officially leave*

Nat's pov:
"Don't do this. Don't leave." I say sternly. Y/n looks into my eyes sadly and held onto my hands. "I have to. I cant watch as all of you risk your lives everyday... Im so tired Natasha." She says to me and I let go of her hands and I can feel the anger and pain bubble up inside of me. "Thats the job Y/n. We risk our lives for the people we care about." I try to reason with her but I can see in her eyes that there no way shes gonna listen. "Well Im tired of it. I want a family, a partner, a normal life."

Y/n's pov:
"Im your partner." She says to me sternly while furrowing her eyebrows and it makes me laugh a little. "thats not what I meant Nat. I want someone to love me." She looked straight into my eyes and i could feel the butterflies in my stomach. "Who said I couldn't do that?" I roll my eyes at her and turn to leave her room but i stop right before exiting. "Come with me." I say turning around to face her again. I doubt she would say yes but its worth a try. "Y/n... I love this job" I smile at her sadly knowing this is probably the last time im gonna see her for a long time. "I thought you said you loved me?" I smiled at her cheekily trying to lighten up the mood. "Just stay... please... I need you to stay" I look at her for a moment and sigh "Im sorry Natasha" and turn to leave her room for the last time.

Nat's pov:
"but Im in love with you" I whispered under my breath as she walked out of my room. I knew she wouldn't be able to hear me but some part of me wished she did. After a while of contemplating what to do Steve knocked at my door and went into my room. "Hey... how you been?" He looked at me with pity in his eyes but i just smiled at him trying to hide my emotions. "Good, and you?" He sighed and sat on the chair across my bed. "Im your  friend. Come on talk to me" I shake my head and he widens his eyes at me, obviously trying to get me to talk. I sigh finally giving in to him "I don't know these past few weeks I just pretended she wasn't actually leaving... but now its real and I dont know what to do." He laughed at me mockingly and i felt offended. "What!?" he took a deep breath before speaking. "Thats not what your really worried about." I look at him confused waiting for him to continue. "You're worried you're gonna loose her." I look at him even more confused and he continues again. "You're running out of time to tell her that you wanna be with her." My heart dropped to my stomach and I didn't know what to say. "Of course I wanna be with her shes my best friend. My partner." I try my best to brush him off but Steve and i both know thats not what he meant. Its just easier to tell myself that Im not. "Nat... Thats not what I meant" I sigh and head to my rooms door to try and get him to leave. "Whatever shes leaving tomorrow so what I do or do not want no longer matters." He looks at me sadly gets up to leave but before he closes the door he  look at me one last time "Youre right, she is leaving tomorrow... So you should go with her..." and with that he leaves. I try to counter him but he doesn't respond and just walks out the door.

- Next Morning -

I was up all night thinking about whether or not I should go with Y/n. I love my job, its the first place that felt like home... but will it still be my home if Y/n isn't here anymore? She always made me feel seen, happy, appreciated. I don't know if Ill be able to live here comfortably without her. *beep beep* "Shit!" its already 7am Y/n's probably getting ready to leave. I rush downstairs to try and talk to her but when I get down i see everyones up and visibly sad. "Whats wrong? Wheres y/n?" Everyone looked up at me but didn't say a word. "Where is she?" "Nat... she already left an hour ago." I could feel my heart shatter into a million pieces.

~ End of Flashback 3 years ago ~

Y/n's pov:
"Im nervous. Is it normal to be this nervous? What if Im making the biggest mistake of my life and my body's trying to tell me, but Im not listening" I can see Bucky behind me laughing. "Shut up." I say as he laughs a little more. Hes standing beside me in front of the mirror helping me get ready. "Do you love her?" Simply thinking about Wanda immediately sends butterflies to my stomach and Im filled with so much joy but I cant help but think about what my life could have been if Natasha was the one to come with me and not Wanda. Finally realizing I didn't reply. I push aside all my what ifs and what could've been to answer him. "Yes, I do. I love her more than anything and I cant wait to spend the rest of my life with her." He smiles and gives me a big hug "Im really happy for you two."

- At the Wedding -

As the pastor speaks I cant help but zone out. As I look back to everyone sitting in rows I see someone at the back of the venue in a hoodie and jeans. "Do you Y/n take Wanda to be your wife, to have and to hold till death do you part?" I take a deep breathe realizing the question I was asked. As I turned to back look at Wanda, Natasha puts her head down. "I do." I say happily . I am truly happy, but I cant help but feel a pit in my stomach and I dont know why. "And do you Wanda take Y/n to have and to hold till death do you part?" Wanda smiles sweetly at me "I do." She says proudly. "And now by the power vested in me by the state of New York I now pronounce you, married! You may now kiss the bride!" I take a moment to look at wanda and pull her into a passionate kiss for a moment all the claps and shouts are drowned out and it's only me and her. Finally pulling away from her i look deeply into her eyes so madly in love with the woman before me. The thoughts of what could've been long forgotten. "I love you" I say to Wanda smiling "I love you too."

Nat's pov:
Seeing how happy and in love Wanda and Y/n are breaks me but Y/n is my best friend and Im just glad she found someone to live her "normal" life with, even though I wish it was me. As Y/n and Wanda are kissing I could feel the streams of tears start to fall and I could no longer take it. Not wanting anyone to see me like this I quickly leave and bury any feelings I once had for Y/n.

---------------------------------------------------------
Would yall want a pt 2 to this? cause i have some great ideas

I have decided not to make a part 4 to my Merry Christmas series because all of u wanted a happy ending and I was definitely not planning a happy ending so ya!