32 - Dog

Sirius and I spent a lot of time buying furniture and decorating our home, which is actually much more fun than I thought it'd be.

The baby's room was the most fun to decorate, though it was a bit difficult considering we don't know the gender of the baby.
Sirius painted the walls white but painted cute colourful dragons on them to give it a pop of colour, there's also a few framed pictures that Sirius and I thought were cute. The carpet is light grey and has a zigzag patterned rug on it. The crib is set up against one of the walls, and there's this cute rocking chair nearby with a fluffy blanket thrown over it. There's a changing table next to a set of drawers which is already quite full of clothes. And there's a book shelf which has a few books on it but is mostly filled with toys and stuffed animals(including the dog Sirius bought).

I'm really happy with how the room turned out, it's really cute. Most of the other rooms were done too, with the exception of the two spare bedrooms, which we have no idea what to do with.

"Why did you even buy a four-bedroom house?" I ask Sirius, looking into one of the empty rooms, which wasn't actually empty, it was filled with boxes and stuff we don't need. 

Sirius shrugs. "It looked nice."

I could tell he wasn't telling me the truth but he walked away before I could ask any more questions. I follow him into the kitchen.

"You hungry?" He asks me, already knowing the answer is definitely a yes. I nod and watch closely as he starts cooking, he is pretty good at cooking I just still get anxious whenever he uses the oven because I know one day he's going to end up setting something on fire.

We talk a bit as he cooks, mostly discussing baby names because we still haven't found a name we agree on.

The baby is going to be born in about two months, I just cant wait for the pregnancy to be over. Being pregnant sucks.

Sirius finishes cooking and we eat together at our dining table. 

Its weird how it wasn't long ago we were at Hogwarts, now we have our own house and are going to have a baby. 

~*~*~ 

I walk through the streets of London on a rainy day. I had just been shopping and the rain started pouring down rather suddenly. I walk quickly as I try to find a secluded area to apparate back home without people seeing. 

I walk into an alley, glancing around to make sure no one was looking. 

Just as I'm about to apparate away I hear a small noise. 
I look around, trying to find the source. 

I hear the noise again. It sounds like its coming from a box. 

I look into the box and see a tiny kitten, cold and wet from the rain. 
I pick up the poor thing, holding it to my chest. 

It was small and grey and looked as though it was only a couple weeks old. 

Poor baby, it looks hungry. I need to take it home. 

I look around again before quickly apparating home. 

"Sirius?" I call out, placing my bags of shopping on the floor. 

"Bad weather?" Sirius asks amusedly, walking into the room. 

"Oh no, its great." I say sarcastically. 

"What's that in your hands?" Sirius asks. 

"I found this little kitten, it was cold and alone, I couldn't just leave it."
I see Sirius frown slightly. 
"What's wrong?"