116 - No Sleep

As I'm making dinner for everyone - its the most food I've had to make in a while, its so weird - Harry walks into the room. 

"You alright?" I ask him. 

"Yeah, just... tired, I guess? I don't know." 

"What's up?" 

"I just don't know what I'm supposed to do next," He sighs. "I mean, it's all so crazy, we need to find other horcruxes, we need to find a way to destroy them, and Ron and Hermione keep looking at me to decide what we're doing, and I just have no idea. I'm completely lost." 

I pull him in for a hug and he relaxes slightly in my arms. 

"I think what you should do next is take a break," I say softly. "You're all exhausted, and you wont be any help to anyone if you are tired and aching." 

"Yeah, but-" 

"No buts," I interrupt him, breaking away from the hug. "You'll all stay here for a few weeks at least. No going out, no breaking in anywhere, no battles." 

"Sounds like you're grounding me," He jokes. 

"Yep, you're grounded, no saving the world for a few weeks," I joke back. "But really, you can sit in your room and plot all the crap you want, but I'm not letting you put yourself in danger for a little while." 

For a second I think he's going to refuse, that he'll argue with me, but instead he just nods. 

"Okay." 

~*~*~ 

Over the next few weeks, I help Harry, Ron and Hermione however I can with figuring out what they should do. The plan they've decided on is that, with Griphook the Goblin's help, they're going to break into Bellatrix Lestrange's vault and steal a horcrux that she has in there. 

It's a crazy plan, and I cant stop worrying that something might go wrong, but they're preparing for it well and they've done much crazier things. They'll be fine. I hope. 

But even then, they're still staying a little while longer, mostly because Griphook is being impossible and claiming to be so unwell that he can hardly even move - though it doesn't stop him from walking to the kitchen and stealing snacks every night. 

As I'm reading in the living room, enjoying what little alone time I have, Remus bursts through the door. I instinctively point my wand at him. 

"Tonks had the baby!" He says happily, ignoring my wand. 

"Oh my god, that's amazing," I say, dropping my wand to the couch and going to hug him. 

"Yeah. And you were right, he's not a werewolf, he's absolutely perfect. He's a Metamorphmagus like Tonks. We named him Edward after Tonks' dad," He says, clearly so excited about all this. "Though both Tonks and Andromeda have been calling him Teddy." 

"I haven't even met him yet and I already love the kid." 

He chuckles. 

"He's amazing. I don't know what I was so scared about." 

"I'm happy for you." 

"Thanks Y/n," He says. "If you want, you can come meet him." 

"Fuck yes!" I say excitedly. "Let me go get Sirius, and probably Rosalie, she's excited too. And I'll see if Leo and Harry want to come." 

"Harry's here?" He questions. 

"Yeah, he has been for a few weeks," I answer with a small shrug. "I'll be back in a second."