82 - The Summer Comes to an End

I smile as Sirius sits down beside me as I'm reading on the couch. 

"Hey, dinner is almost ready." He says, pressing a kiss to my cheek. 

I lean into him. "Need any help dishing it out?" 

"Nah, just thought I'd let you know so you can finish the chapter you're reading and know not to start the next one." 

"I love you so much." I say and he chuckles. 

"I love you too." He kisses my cheek again before heading back through to the kitchen. 

I finish the chapter I was reading quite quickly as I was almost at the end anyways, so I go through to the kitchen, wrapping my arms around Sirius from behind as he's finish up putting the dinner onto plates, frightening him slightly. 

"Is this what it's like when I randomly hug you?" He jokes, chuckling amusedly. 

"Yep, but you love it." 

"I guess I do." He smiles. 

I press a kiss to his cheek before letting go of him and sitting down at the table. 

I thank him as he places a plate in front of me. 

He then goes to give the kids and Remus and Regulus their dinner before coming back and joining me at the table. 

We sit silently as we eat, but I look up when I feel Sirius kick my foot under the table. He continues eating, acting innocent as if he didn't kick me. 

I kick him back and he gasps dramatically. 

"How dare you." He jokes. I laugh. 

"You're a pain in the ass." 

"Made you smile though." He says, and I can't help but smile even more. 

We return to eating in silence, but I notice Sirius smiling at me every few seconds. 

"What?" I ask, catching him for like the tenth time. 

"Nothing, just love seeing you smile," He says. "I can tell you've been anxious and panicky since the World Cup and I hate it when you're stressed out about things, so I do dumb shit to make you happy." 

"You are so amazing." 

"Not as amazing as you." 

I can't stop myself from blushing, which just makes him smile at me even more. 

~*~*~ 

"I'll be back soon." I say, softly kissing Sirius. 

"Cant believe you're abandoning me." He jokes. 

"I know, I suck." 

"Damn right." He smirks and I whack his on the head. 

"You're disgusting. I'll see you later." 

I apparate to Dorcas and Marlene's house. I haven't seen them since what happened at the World Cup and I wanted to go see how they are. 

I arrive in their living room, where Dorcas is sitting, reading a book. 

She closes the book and smiles at me. 

"Hey Dorcas," I say. 

She stands up to pull me in for a hug. 

"I'm so happy to see you. I was so worried after everything that happened," She says. "I'm glad everyone is okay."