4 - Christmas

The Christmas holidays were quickly approaching, something I am very thankful for. I have been super stressed about the upcoming OWL's, a holiday is exactly what I need right now. 

And Christmas is definitely one of my favourite times of year, the only problem I have is how cold it gets, but it does give me an excuse to stay inside. 

We were all on the train, I was in a compartment with Lily, Alice, Marlene and Mary. 
We were laughing and joking around, as usual, when Severus pokes his head into the compartment. 

"Lily, can I speak to you for a minute?" He asks, practically ignoring the rest of us. 

Lily nods her head and goes out to the hall of the train. 

She talks to Severus for a few minutes before re-entering the compartment with a package in her hands. 

"Sev bought me a Christmas gift." She explains.

"Oh, that reminds me." I pick up my bag, which was at my feet. "I'll be back in a bit." 

"Where are you going?" Marlene asks. 

"I bought James, Sirius, Remus and Peter Christmas gifts." I explain. "I should probably give them the gifts before I forget."

I walk out of the compartment and begin scanning my eyes over the other compartments as I walk down the hall. 

I find the boys and knock on the compartment door before entering. 

"Hey." I greet them and they all say hi in response. 

"So, what brings you here?" James asks. 

"I bought you all gifts." I answer and begin pulling the gifts out of my bag. 

"Y/n, you didn't have to." Remus says. "I feel bad, I didn't get you anything."

"I prefer giving gifts rather than receiving them." I hand the gifts out to the boys. "No opening them before Christmas." 

"I bought you a gift too." Sirius says, standing up to get him bag and pulling a small, wrapped gift out of it. 

"Thanks." I say, smiling at him. 

James also hands me a wrapped box. I put the two gifts from the boys in my bag. 

James then reaches into his bag and pulls out another gift. 

"Could you give this to Lily?" He asks me. 

"Sure." I say, taking the gift and putting it in my bag. 

I talk to the boys for a bit before returning to my own compartment with the girls. 

The rest of the ride went by quite quickly and we were soon arriving at King's Cross. 

We get off the train and me and Lily say goodbye to Alice, Marlene and Mary before walking over to our parents and Petunia. 

Mum and dad pull me and Lily in for a hug while Petunia stands beside us, a miserable look on her face. 

We exit the platform and head home. 

~*~*~

It was Christmas eve and my entire family was super excited. 

We were all singing alone to Christmas songs as we decorated the house. Usually we would've decorated earlier but with me and Lily just getting back from Hogwarts and that dad has been busy with work we just haven't had much time, but we do now. 
For once, Petunia wasn't in a bad mood. Shocking, I know.