17 - Summer (Part 1)

Decided to split the summer up into two parts because I have a bunch of ideas and this chapter is getting quite long and I actually want it released before Halloween.

The holidays came quicker than I hoped they would and soon we were back on the train, headed home for the summer.

I was in a compartment with Lily, Alice, Marlene and Mary. I'm going to spend the first half of the train ride with them and then spend the last half with Sirius, James, Remus and Peter.

"So, anyone doing anything interesting over the summer?" Alice asks.

"Nope," Marlene answers. "I'm in for a holiday of relaxation and sleeping in till noon."

"Sounds fun," Mary says. "I think I'll just be spending time with my family."

"Yeah same with me and Y/n," Lily says. "Or at least, we'll be spending time with mum. God knows if we'll even see Petunia at all."

"Not like that's a bad thing." I mutter.

"What about you, Alice?" Lily asks.

"I don't think I'll be doing much." She answers.

"We all have such interesting lives." Marlene says sarcastically.

"I know right." I respond.

We talk for a while but eventually I leave to go spend time with the boys(after saying goodbye to the girls and giving them all hugs - except Lily because, y'know, we're going home together).

I get to the boys' compartment and knock on the door before entering.

"Sup losers." I say, sitting down beside Sirius.

"You couldn't have said that nicely?" James asks sarcastically.

"Greetings morons." I say. "That better?"

"You're mean." James says.

"I know." I say with a smile, leaning my head on Sirius' shoulder as he wraps an arm around my waist.

We talk for hours, but eventually the train slows down as we pull into the station.
Sirius wraps his arms tightly around me.

"I don't want to leave." He mutters in my ear.

"It'll only be for a couple of months," I say. "I think you'll be able to survive without me."

"No I wont." He mumbles, burying his head into my neck. "I'm gonna miss you."

"Ugh, will you two stop with the PDA." James groans.

"Shut up," Sirius says, lifting his head from my neck. "We're having a moment."

"Sorry but James ruined it." I say.

"Damn you, Potter." Sirius says, jokingly glaring at James.

"Come on, we should probably be heading off the train now." Remus says.

We all stand up and get our belongings before heading off the train.

I look around, tying to spot mum, or even Lily, but I don't see either of them.

Peter is the first to spot his parents, quickly saying goodbye before going  over to them.

Remus is the next to leave, he says goodbye to us before heading over to his parents.

This leaves me, James and Sirius.

"I see mum and dad." James says, a grin on his face.

"You go ahead, I'll be a minute." Sirius says to James, glancing at me. James takes a hint and heads over to his parents, looking back at us and winking as he walks away. Total moron.