70 - Different

I get excited as Christmas approaches.

The day that the kids will be coming home I wake up super early, which sucks because now I need to wait impatiently for hours. So, I head downstairs to make breakfast.

But thankfully Sirius wakes up not long after I do - complaining that I 'abandoned' him - and keeps me distracted so I don't lose my mind.

Marlene soon apparates into the house, and I'm confused to see her.

"Hey?" I say questioningly.

"Hey," She responds cheerfully. "Dorcas has work today, so I've decided I'm coming with you to pick up the kids, and you have no say in that, I'm coming whether you like it or not."

"Fair enough." I chuckle.

"Great, so I'm going to have to deal with you flirting with my wife all day?" Sirius asks.

"Of course." Marlene says, coming and wrapping her arms around me.

I laugh and lean into her.

"I hate both of you." Sirius grumbles.

"No you don't." I say and he just sticks his tongue out at me.

Marlene hangs out with us, mostly just annoying Sirius as much as she possibly can, which makes time fly and soon its time to go get the kids.

The three of us apparate to King's Cross.

I can barely stand still as we wait for the train to arrive.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Sirius smiling at me amusedly. I just ignore him as the train pulls into the station.

Suddenly the platform becomes extremely crowded as students attempt to find their families.

Harry is the first of the kids to come over, waving goodbye to Ron and Hermione.

I pull him in for a hug.

"I missed you." I say.

"So you're not still mad about the car thing?" He questions, half jokingly.

"I'm still extremely mad." I joke, releasing him.

"But both Sirius and I are extremely proud." Marlene says.

"It's one of the only things we have ever agreed on." Sirius nods.

I just chuckle lightly.

Leo then comes over, smiling as I hug him.

"Hey," He says. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," I respond, letting go of him. "How has school been?"

"Schooly." He shrugs.

I do not know how to respond to that. But I don't have to as Rosalie comes walking over.

I instantly take notice of how her hair is different. It's usually bright and colourful, but instead its black. Maybe she's just trying something different.

But her demeanour is different too. Usually she's so cheerful but she doesn't seem okay right now.

"Hello," I pull her in for a hug, frowning confusedly when she tightly hugs me back as if she doesn't want to ever let go. "Are you alright?"

She just shrugs.

I look up confusedly at Sirius, who looks just as concerned about her as I am.

Both Sirius and Marlene finish up saying hello to the kids before we head home.

I frown when Rosalie heads right to her room.