102 - The Beginning of the Summer

I wake up suddenly when I feel Sirius jolt beside me. 

"Are you okay?" I ask softly as I sit up. 

"Nightmare," He mumbles. 

I pull him in for a hug and he rests his head on my shoulder. 

"Wanna talk about it?" 

"I don't know," He says quietly. "It was stupid." 

"Even if it was stupid I still want to hear about it," I respond. "That way I can tell you how stupid it is." 

He sighs slightly. 

"It started with me falling through that stupid veil," He starts. "But this time you couldn't save me. I was trapped in there. And then all these things were happening, and you and the kids were in danger and I couldn't do anything, I- I couldn't-" 

"Hey, it's okay," I say softly, hugging him tighter as he starts crying. "You're here, and we're all safe." 

"Yeah, for now," He says. "Voldemort is not going to continue being sneaky and low-key, now that everyone knows he's back he's going to go back to the killings and the battles and destroying things. It's scary." 

"You're right, and I agree, this is all fucking terrifying." 

"I'm just so worried that something bad is going to happen to you or the kids and I wont be able to stop it," He says. 

"Yeah, I get it. I'm worried too. This whole situation is so shit. But if anything happens to the kids, I'm going to hunt Voldemort down and kill him myself." 

He chuckles lightly. "Sure you will Love." 

"What? You don't think I could?" 

"Y/n-" 

"I'm kidding," I say. "I know that wouldn't be a good idea. 

"Good," He says. "Because if anything happens to the kids and then you die- well, I don't know what I'd do but I know that I don't think I'd ever be able to leave this bed ever again." 

I press a small kiss to the top of his head. 

"Want some food?" I ask, changing the subject. 

"Sure," He chuckles. 

We get out of bed and go have a late night feast, talking and joking around in attempts to take our minds off our fears. And it works, for a little while at least. 

~*~*~ 

Soon the school term ends and we get ready to pick the kids up from the station. 

"I've called Marlene, she said she'll meet us there," I say. "Remus, are you ready?" 

"One second, I'm just putting on my shoes," Remus responds from the couch. 

"Y/n, Love, calm down," Sirius says and I realise I was pacing. 

"I am calm," I mumble. 

"Right, because a calm person 'double checks' that they have their wand ten times," Remus says sarcastically and I glare at him. 

"Shut up," I mutter. Sirius walks over to me and pulls me in for a hug. 

"What are you stressing about?" He asks softly. 

"Well now that Voldemort is openly back, I'm just worried that we're going to get ambushed at the station or something," I admit. 

"And that's exactly why Remus and Marlene are coming with us," Sirius says. "Everything will be fine."