59 - Alcohol

Early in the morning, as I'm making breakfast, an owl flies into the room. I take the letter from it before it flies off again.

I read over the letter. Alice and Frank have been tortured to insanity by Bellatrix Lestrange.

I begin crying just as Sirius walks into the room. He notices me crying and wordlessly pulls me into his arms, taking the letter from me and reading it.

I hear him sigh as he hugs me tighter.

This sucks.

~*~*~

Its difficult to get out of bed on the day of James and Lily's funeral. It hurts so much that they're gone.

What's worse is that I hadn't seen them in months.

Oh god. Lily died thinking I was dead.

Sirius, who had gone to make us breakfast, walks into the room just as I begin breaking down. He quickly puts the breakfast down on my bedside table and hugs me tightly.

I cry all morning, it just hurts so much.

Sirius, Remus and I apparate with the kids to the graveyard. I really don't want to take the kids to a funeral, but there's nobody in our lives who wont be at the funeral, so we don't have much of a choice.

During the ceremony I try my best to hold it together, but fail miserably as tears flow down my face.

After watching the coffins be lowered into the ground I break.

This is all too much. I just want to go home. I cant do this. I cant be here.

I lightly tap Sirius on the arm to get his attention. It hurts me even more to see him crying.

"I'm going home," I say quietly. "I cant do this."

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod. "I'll come with you."

"No, you can stay," I say quickly. "The funeral isn't over yet, you should stay. I'll go and I'll take the kids with me, Leo seems like he's getting a bit upset."

"Alright," He says softly, pressing a small kiss to my forehead. "I'll be home soon."

I take Leo's hand and grab the pram Rosalie and Harry were in before apparating away.

Because, like I said to Sirius, Leo seems upset, I go make hot chocolate for both of us and then go get a fluffy blanket and we watch a movie. This is also partially to take my mind off things.

All three kids fall asleep during the movie, so I carry them one by one up the their beds. I then go back downstairs and relax by myself for a while.

Sirius and Remus soon come back. Remus heads up to his room, and Sirius comes and cuddles up with me on the couch for a moment.

"I'm going to go get a drink." He says before heading through to the kitchen.

~*~*~

About a week later, after I put the kids away to bed I head down to the living room and find Sirius on the couch drinking a bottle of fire whiskey.

I frown slightly to myself. "How many of those have you had tonight?"
He just shrugs in response.
"Sirius," I say softly, taking the bottle away from him. "Let's go to bed."

"I'm not tired." He says, taking the bottle back.

I sigh. "Fine. But please don't stay up all night."

I head up to bed and soon drift off to sleep.

When I wake up the next morning, Sirius isn't there beside me. I go downstairs and find him asleep on the couch, three empty bottles beside him.