38 - Christmas

About a week before Christmas, Sirius and I blast Christmas music and decorate the house.
I'd recently found out that throughout his childhood Sirius never really had a fun Christmas. Yes, he did enjoy the Christmases that he spent at Hogwarts, but they were never a proper family Christmas. So, I've invited all our friends over for Christmas and we're going to celebrate properly.

I get distracted while decorating and don't know what Sirius is up to. I turn around when I hear him say my name, he takes a couple steps closer to me so we're face-to-face and then holds up a piece of mistletoe.

"Now you've gotta kiss me." He smirks.

I laugh and press my lips to his. 

"You know you could've just kissed me right," I say. "The mistletoe was unnecessary."
He just shrugs and puts the mistletoe down on the coffee table.
"When did you even get that?"

"I may have bought it last time I was shopping." He answers.

I chuckle. "Of course you did."
Leo starts crying from the other room. I press a kiss to Sirius' cheek.
"I'll get him."

I go get Leo and gently bounce him in my arms to try and stop him from crying. 

"C'mon, lets go annoy your dad." I say to Leo once he stops crying, taking him through to the living room. 

Sirius smiles when he sees us enter the room, so I pass Leo to him, which makes him smile even more somehow.

I sit down on the couch and Sirius sits down beside me.

"I'm really excited for Christmas," Sirius says. "It'll be nice to spend it with you and Leo."
I hum in agreement, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you more." He responds. 

~*~*~

"Y/n, wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up..." Sirius excitedly wakes me up on Christmas day.

I get up with a groan.

"If you keep waking me up like that I'm going to kill you." I threaten.

"But it's Christmas!" He says happily. I chuckle amusedly at his excitement.

"Is Leo up yet?" I ask.

"I don't think so," Sirius answers. "But we could just wake him up and give him his presents."

"Sirius, no, we are not waking him up. And he's five months old, I can't imagine he'll be excited, he has no idea what Christmas even is" I say and Sirius just pouts at me. "C'mon, lets go get breakfast and wait for him to wake up."

We head downstairs and just have some toast for breakfast, we'll be having a huge Christmas dinner so we don't plan on eating much throughout the day.

"What time will everyone be coming over at?" Sirius asks as we eat.

"Some point in the afternoon," I answer. "So we'll get some alone time as a family before they all arrive."

Sirius smiles at me and we continue to eat our breakfast in silence.

Sirius finishes before me and impatiently waits for me to finish.
The moment I take the last bite he stands up, grabs my hand and practically drags me to the living room.

I laugh as I sit down on the couch, watching as Sirius looks through the pile of presents, searching for the one he got for me.

He chucks a present onto my lap and sits beside me.