48 - Tragedy

I wake up, Sirius fast asleep and snoring beside me and with Leo starfished out between us. He was having trouble sleeping but Sirius and I were both too tired to deal with him crying all through the night so we just gave up and let him sleep in our bed. 

I smile as I look at my two boys, both with similar expressions as they sleep. Adorable. 

I carefully get out of bed, making sure I don't wake either of them up, and exit the room to go make breakfast. 
The moment I walk out the door I am greeted by Dog, who rubs her head against my leg. 

"Morning," I say, bending down for a second to pet her. "Is it time for your breakfast too?" 

She meows in response, almost as if she understood me. She follows me down to the kitchen and then stands by her food bowl, meowing at me again. 

"Alright, give me a minute," I say. "You're almost as impatient as Sirius is." 

I lift the dish and she watches me closely as I fill it with food. I put the dish back down on the ground and Dog begins eating. 
I then begin making breakfast for me, Sirius and Leo. 

As I'm doing that, the phone starts ringing. I stop what I'm doing and go answer it. 

"Y/n?" Lily's voice rings through the phone the moment I answer. She sounds distressed and like she's crying. 

"What's going on?" I ask worriedly. 

"Mum is dead." She answers and we both go silent. 

At that moment, Sirius comes into the room with Leo in his arms, I assume the phone woke them up. 

Sirius presses a small kiss to my cheek before noticing the tears in my eyes. 

"Love, what's wrong?" He asks. 

"Lils, I'll come round to yours later." I say through the phone, ignoring Sirius' question. 

"Alright, I'll see you soon." She says. We say goodbye before hanging up the phone. 

"Y/n?" Sirius softly says my name, getting my attention. 

"My mum died." I mumble, trying my best not to break down in tears. 

Sirius puts Leo down on the floor before pulling me in for a tight hug. I rest my head on his shoulder. 

"It's going to be okay," Sirius says, comfortingly running his hand up and down my back. "Why don't I finish making breakfast and you can just go back to bed for a little while." 
I nod and he gently presses a kiss to the top of my head. 
"I'll bring you your breakfast soon," He says, letting go of me. "Are you going to be alright?" 

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I nod. 

"Okay, shout on me if you need me." 

I pick up Leo and take him upstairs with me. I sit down on my bed, placing Leo down beside me and smiling a little as he begins bouncing slightly. 
I'm quite thankful Leo is here because I know that if I was alone I'd end up crying. 

Sirius comes upstairs, handing me my breakfast before sitting down beside me. He places his own food down on his bedside table and begins feeding Leo. 

"So, do you want to go see Lily after breakfast?" He asks and I nod. "Do you want me to come with you, or is this one of those times where you want to be alone with Lily?" 

"I don't mind, it's your choice." I mumble, shrugging my shoulders. 

"Okay, I'll come with you then." He says softly.