34 - Sirius <3

~*Sirius' POV*~

I finish up food shopping, apparating home to be greeted by the sound of Leo loudly crying. 

I dump the shopping bags in the kitchen, walking through to the living room where I find Y/n pacing the room, bouncing Leo in her arms to try and get him to stop crying. 

"He's been crying for about ten minutes," Y/n says, looking as though she was on the verge of tears. "I've tried everything." 

"Pass him to me." I say, walking over to her. She places the baby in my arms, I begin gently rocking him and he stops crying almost instantly. "Seems like he was just missing me."
I see Y/n flop down on the couch, looking exhausted. 
"Love, go get some sleep." 

She shakes her head. "No, I'm fine." Always so stubborn.

"Y/n, you've hardly slept since Leo was born, you need to sleep." I say, sitting down beside her. She rests her head on my shoulder. 

"I guess you're right," She mumbles. "Wake me up if you need me." 

"Okay," I press a small kiss to the top of her head. "I love you." 

"I love you too." She yawns, getting up off the couch and heading to our bedroom. 

I begin making faces at Leo, who just looks completely uninterested and would apparently much rather try and pull my hair out. 

I put Leo down on his play mat and take a moment to relax on the couch. 

After a while, I see Leo is beginning to look tired so I pick him up into my arms, gently rocking him to sleep. 

I carefully place him down in the baby carrier, taking him through to the kitchen with me, where I begin unpacking the shopping bags, periodically checking to make sure Leo is alright. 

I then make dinner, choosing to make one of Y/n's favourite meals. She's been seeming quite down lately and I want to do anything I can to cheer her up. 

Leo wakes up as I'm cooking, though he just sits in the baby carrier, watching me as I move around the kitchen.

I notice Dog come into the kitchen, hopping up on the dining table, sitting beside the baby carrier. At first I had been worried about how the cat would act around the baby, but for the most part she's completely unbothered by him, though she doesn't like it when he cries and usually leaves the room when that happens. 

I finish up cooking and dish the food out onto two plates. Just as I finish that, Leo starts crying. 

"Dammit," I mumble to myself, lifting him out of the carrier. "What is it, little man? You hungry?" 

He obviously doesn't answer me, so I put him back down in the carrier, going to heat up a bottle for him. 

I try my best to get him to stop crying as I wait for the milk to heat up. Luckily though, it doesn't take long. After testing the milk on my arm to make sure it isn't too hot, I lift Leo back into my arms and begin feeding him. 

At that moment Y/n walks into the kitchen, looking half asleep. 

"Did he wake you?" I ask and she nods. "Sorry, he was hungry. I made dinner by the way, I was going to bring it up to you but Leo decided his dinner was more important." 

She smiles slightly, grabbing both the plates and setting them down on the table. We sit down across from each other, Leo still in my arms. 

"Sleep well?" I ask. 

"Kinda." She answers with a small shrug. 

"What do you mean 'kinda'?" 

"Just that it would've been better if you were there to hug me." She says and I smile.