62 - Break In

I groan when I feel Sirius shaking me awake.

"Do you hate sleep?" I groan.

"I had a nightmare." He mumbles and I regret my question.

"Are you alright?" I ask, opening my eyes and sitting up.

He just shakes his head and I hate seeing him upset. Tears form in his eyes as I pull him in for a hug.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask softly as I run my hand through his hair.

"Not really," He mumbles. "It's just the usual crappy nightmare."

"Well, there's some ice cream down stairs, why don't I go get that and we can cuddle and eat and maybe watch a movie. It'll help take your mind off things."

Sirius' tightly wraps his arms around me. "You are so bloody brilliant."

I quickly kiss him. "I'll be back in a moment."

I head downstairs and find the ice cream. Turns out we have more ice cream than I thought we did, so we have options on what flavours we eat. I bring up all the ice cream, casting a spell on it so it stays cold no matter how long its out for.

When I walk into our bedroom, Sirius has the tv on and is picking out a movie for us to watch, which is a difficult choice because we don't exactly have many movies that aren't for children.

Sirius eventually just gives up and grabs one of the random, animated movies for kids, claiming that it's lighthearted and stupid and will probably cheer him up.

I chuckle and cuddle up in bed with him, placing all the tubs of ice cream on the bed in front of us.

Sirius chuckles at the amount of ice cream.

"Don't laugh, its you that bought most of this." I say, handing him a spoon.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Of course I'm right, I'm always right." I joke.

Sirius just laughs quietly, cuddling closer to me as he starts the movie.

We watch the movie in silence and eat the ice cream. I sometimes stop eating to run my hand through Sirius' hair, knowing its something that relaxes him.

He eventually drifts off to sleep and I wave my wand to clean up the empty tubs of ice cream, telling myself that I'll put the full ones back in the freezer in the morning. I turn the tv off and smile at Sirius as he softly snores, his arms tight around my waist and his eyes closed, a peaceful expression on his face.

I press a small kiss to the top of his head before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

~*~*~

When Harry's birthday rolls around, I manage to get Sirius to tone down the birthday celebrations.
He didn't go too overboard with the decorations and balloons.

The night before, Sirius decides to start making Harry a cake and I go help.

As Sirius mixes the cake batter, I make the frosting and gather all the sprinkles we have in the house.

I turn away from the cupboard and see Sirius with a spoon, eating some of the frosting.

"Sirius, we need that for the cake." I say.

"But it's yummy." He says, his mouth still full.

I laugh quietly and roll my eyes. "Alright, but can you eat it once we've decorated the cake?"