35 - The Order of the Phoenix

"Ugh, its so good to be out of the house," Sirius says happily as we walk around Diagon Alley. "I've missed seeing the sun." 

"Stop being so dramatic," I chuckle, looking down at Leo, who was dozing off in his pram(stroller for you Americans). "But you are right, its nice to get some fresh air." 

He looks down at the watch on his wrist. "When are James and Lily getting here?" 

"Soon probably." I shrug, not fully remembering what time they said we'd be meeting up at. 

We walk around a little bit, looking in the windows of a couple shops, before spotting James and Lily. 

We hang out for a couple hours, doing some shopping and catch up with each other.

"Wanna go get some ice cream?" James suggests, we all obviously agree and head to Fortescue's. 

We all get some interesting flavours, mine's tastes amazing and judging by how happy everyone is I'm assuming theirs is good too. 

"D'you think Leo will like ice cream?" Sirius asks, looking down at our son. 

"He's too young to have ice cream." I say. 

"Well that's no fun," Sirius says. "Ice cream is great, he's missing out." 

I just roll my eyes and continue eating. 

"So how's Marlene doing?" Lily asks me and James and Sirius begin talking about some random nonsense. 

"She's fine, obviously she's upset about what happened with her parents but she's been spending a lot of time with Dorcas, which always puts her in a good mood, and they're planning on moving in together so she's been focusing on finding a place." 

"That's good, at least she isn't thinking too much about what happened," Lily says. "But I can't imagine how awful it must be for her." 

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure she isn't even sad about it anymore, just mad, which I completely understand, I'm mad at her family too, just kicking her out like that." 

"Well, she's got us, we're her family now." 

"Exactly." 

"Why does it seem like you two love Marlene more than you love us?" James jokingly asks. 

"Because she's great." Lily answers. 

"And she's my wife, I need to love her." 

Sirius jokingly sighs. "Not this again. I swear, she just comes into my home and steals my girlfriend, absolutely ridiculous." 

"Sorry babe, but she's my one true love." I joke. Sirius rolls his eyes at me but can't seem to hold back the smile that appears on his face. 

We joke around a bit more, when suddenly we hear screams. The sound of explosions come from down the street. 

A group of people in masks cause destruction as people try to either fight back or flee. 

"Y/n, take Leo and go home, quickly." Sirius says, pulling out his wand to help fight. I watch for a second as him, Lily and James run towards the masked people. 

I quickly apparate home with Leo, who had begun crying. 

I lift him out of his pram, gently bouncing him in my arms as I pace the living room anxiously. 

What if something happens to Sirius, Lily or James? What if they get hurt? 

I try my best to calm Leo, but that's quite hard to do when I'm simultaneously trying to calm myself.