2 - Deal

Time skip to the start of the character's fifth year(so we can get to all the fun, romancey stuff)

I wake up, ready for yet another day at Hogwarts. 

I've loved the past four years here at Hogwarts, I've learned a lot, made a few amazing friends and had a lot of fun. 

I style my hair after getting changed into my school robes. Me, Lily, Alice, Marlene and Mary head down to breakfast together. 

We chat as we eat our breakfast. James, Sirius, Remus and Peter sit down beside our group. 

"Morning ladies." Sirius greets us. 

"Morning." We all, minus Lily, respond in unison. 

"What do you want, Potter?" Lily asks, already knowing that there was a reason behind the boys sitting beside us. 

"Your undying love," James answers. "But that's not why I'm here." 

"Then what do you want?" Lily asks, rolling her eyes. 

"We just needed to ask Y/n something." Sirius says. 

"I am not helping you with a prank if that's what you're asking." I say. 

"Why would you believe we would ever ask for your help with such a thing?" James asks dramatically. 

"Because you asked me to help you with three different pranks just yesterday." I answer. 

"Ok that's fair, but we only ask you because you're so smart and kind and beautiful and amazing and-" Sirius starts listing things but I cut him off.  

"There's no need to compliment me. Just tell me what you want me to do." 

"We just need you to distract McGonagall for a bit." James says. 

"Nope." I say stubbornly. 

"Aww, come on Y/n." Sirius begs. 

"I told you guys she wouldn't agree." Remus says. 

"Just ten minutes. Please." Sirius pleads, giving me puppy dog eyes, which were impossible to resist. 

"Why exactly do you need me to distract her?" I ask. I guess I might agree, as long as they aren't doing anything too stupid or mean. 

"We just need to sneak into her classroom," Sirius answers. "We'll be really quick." 

"Why do you need to sneak into her classroom?" I ask.

"That is classified information." James says and I give him a confused look. 

"They aren't telling me what they're doing either." Remus says. 

"Yeah, because you'd stop us." James says. 

"Then maybe you shouldn't be doing it." Remus argues. 

"So Y/n, will you help us, please." Sirius pleads. 

"What's in it for me?" I ask. 

James and Sirius whisper to each other for a moment. 

"We will buy you as much sweets as you want next time we go to Hogsmeade," James says. "And any one item of your choosing. This means clothes, shoes, a book. Whatever you want." 

"Deal." I say. 

"Y/n, are you crazy?!" Lily exclaims and I realise her, Alice, Marlene and Mary had been closely listening in on my conversation with the boys, which was expected.