XI

"Hey! Wooyoung, right? I just wanted to tell you that I really love-"

Loved what we have created together. You're so good.

This is was San had meant to tell the other, a wide smile on his thin lips. He never felt so good at dancing with someone else. He knew there was a particular chemistry between he and Wooyoung. It couldn't be that the other didn't believe it. It couldn't.

Then why did he cut him off when trying to say something nice?

What the fuck is wrong with him?

He didn't know how to feel, if disappointed, sad or angry. He looked at Seonghwa, who was next to Wooyoung. He just shrugged his shoulder and followed the latter outside the room.

"Hey, San!" Mina had just approached him "You did so good, by the way! You and Wooyoung had a beautiful battle. Have you ever trained together? It was nice to see you to pair, both for the battle and the previous lesson."

San responded with a fake smile. Even she can tell there's something between us.

"I never talked to him." And probably never will.

San bowed in response and stayed silent, starting to grab all his stuff and run towards Yeosang.

"Hey! What's that face? You did great!"

"Yeah, sorry... I just wanted to talk to Wooyoung, but it seems like he'll never stop hating me.
Anyway, what about you and Seonghwa? You guys didn't look like you were just dancing." He gave him a little wink.

"Hey! We became closer but not that close. We just chat sometimes during lunch and other lessons, you know. Instead, you should know him better. What is he like?"

"Yes, I do. And he is... Wait, why do you want to know? Do you want me to pair the two of you, don't you?"

Yeosang's face and ears turned the same color as San's hair, making the latter to laugh louder. He looked to cute while trying to hide his obvious emotions.

"I'll see what I can do." He added with a final wink, making Yeosang want to drown even more the more deep down he could reach , and then even more down because it wasn't enough. He really wasn't capable of explaining what happened in the last hours of his life. He knew Seonghwa was a pretty good singer and dancer, not above the average neither below it. He then was always silent and kept to himself. The only people he used to talk more were his friend Hongjoong, Wooyoung, Yeonjun and sometimes San, as the older had told him sometimes. They chatted even now and then, but Yeosang always spent his free time with other friends.

Yeosang was totally ignoring San, who wasn't actually saying anything. The two were just too focused on their own thoughts to talk to each other. San felt the rising of this new emotion he wasn't sure to know. Better to say, something he had felt a lot in the past but had now forgot how to deal with. His heartbeat was increasing a lot, almost breaking his eardrums and choke the breath inside his throat.

He wanted to cry.

He felt miserable.

He had never, never felt like this since he left his house. Leaving his father behind helped him to get along with his emotions and discover his real interests. That's why he was good in everything, probably. Because he had had to possibility to choose what to do. And he chose something he loved. But at what cost?

As usual, he tried to bury every single thought as he stepped into the cafeteria with Yeosang. They sat in some free spot next to other people San could recognise as Yeosang's closer friends inside there: Jeongin, Yunho and Hyunjin. He waved to them and started eating a bit of his soup.