XXXIX

"Each of you will prepare a solo performance for the final episode, like you did for the very first one. You have the whole week to build your best performance. This time, only the judges' valuation will matter."

Walking back to the cafeteria, all of the boys were given thirty minutes to choose a song to perform, so the following day they could start to prepare the performance together with choreographers and vocal coach. According to the guidelines, that must be their best performance so far. The reason why the judges would give them and them only the opportunity to debut.

"... San? San, did you hear me?" Seonghwa waved a hand over San's face to gain his attention once again. That last day, the one following the broadcast, the guy had been so distant, and the reason was pretty obvious. Seonghwa had tried his best to comfort him, to cuddle during his crying sessions, but San now was an apathetic puppet which couldn't hide anymore his willing of finish that damn program just to know how Wooyoung was going. He still found everything so unfair.

"Mh?"

"They said you're the first one to practice, tomorrow. They're going to follow the ranking order."

"Oh, ok." San only said with a plain voice. Seonghwa followed with a concerned look. He totally understood his behaviour but he was worried that it could ruin his mood for the finals, which were now more important. After all this hard work, San couldn't only get distracted because of Wooyoung.

___ • ___

"You will meet him again. Come on, it's only a week until the final stage. It's not a lot."

"That's not the point, Seonghwa."

"Then what is the point."

San was about to shout, not to Seonghwa himself but to the wall and the world. He was so upset he didn't even energy left to cry, as he did the previous night.
His mouth left a loud sigh as his body laid against the wall behind his bed, hands messing with his hair.

"I need to know that he's fine. Because I'm sure he isn't. You haven't seen him, Seonghwa. It was like... His emotions were disappeared. I don't know but this was so important for him. More than it is for me. That should have been me..." he felt his eyes watering again, to which Seonghwa ran in his direction to sit next to his quivering figure.

"I think he just had a normal reaction... I'm worried too, but that's how everything works. Some ones get eliminated. We can't do anything. Just focus on yourself the best as you can and then you can get in touch with him."

San sighed again and wiped his eyes, before going to take a shower. He was doing his best not to think about Wooyoung's crying face, but the image kept popping back in his mind and made him feel so miserable, so bad for him. He knew how much that competition matter to him, the effort he put, the sacrifices he did. He wanted to succeed together but some crackhead judge decided that he wasn't worth enough.

Bullshit.

If he knew Wooyoung just a little, that event had totally destroyed his feeling system. Which means that now he was stuck in one of his phases of silences, hiding his sadness and insecurities. This worried San the most: the fact of Wooyoung becoming everyday more closed in on himself, leaving everything and everyone behind.

Even him. Even San.

He groaned again against the wall and stepped out the shower.

___ • ___

"I want to add a jump spin kick. You can do it, right? Since you trained in taekwondo."

"I can, but why?"